HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:01 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
i have a zII that might be right up your alley SD,,,, remind me to bring it out next time and show ya.
ok cool...thanks kloner
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:02 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
WOOOOOO .. $40 for a set of props???
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
WOOOOOO .. $40 for a set of props???
Yes...and that is why i have not pulled the trigger...id rather spend 40 bucks and get enough sets to last me a while
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:28 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
So what APC do you recommend for the F450 with DJI Motors on 3S?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
hahaha,,,, yea they aint cheap.... If they ever get a hold of ya they make a hell of a mess too. super hard and super sharp but there super efficient, decents are smooth, and they make a ton of thrust for less amps than the slofly type. I fff with the thing so that's my reasons

EDIT 10x4.7 apc are perfect. them 3.8 aren't enough
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
i second Kloner on that Andy..10x4.7 would do you just good on that 450
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
So what do you think? Are flights time better with the Graupner?

I mean it's german-made and it can't be bad :-D (says the german).. Lower amps would mean, less LiPo power required and thus can have more flight time with the same LiPo.

It's just .. man killing one of these babies would cost a lot :-D and I really would hate myself! hehe.

I am getting some APC's first :-)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
any experience with the GemFan?

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-Pr...tor/Categories

They do have cool colors!

Btw, I ordered this here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-5M-3528-...70967327371%26

Review of 16.4ft Chasing Multi Color 3528 RGB Waterproof 300 LED Flexible Light Strip (4 min 9 sec)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
Quote:
YES! I use those now and am very happy...plus the rcdude website is the best! Super fast shipping and super cool guy...i try to buy most of my stuff from him if i can
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
Quote:
Well it's not the output power that makes it happen.

Spektrum is using a 200MW Transmitter - FrSky is only using 60MW Transmitter Power Output .. still FrSky systems achieve almost twice the range of a Spektrum.. why?

DSM2 is not a frequency hoping system and the hardware doesn't has a lot of filtering either - so it receives a lot more interference and reduces range by that - that's why they compensate with transmitter power - it's cheaper.

FrSky has a real frequency hoping system called "ACCST - Advanced Continuous Channel Shifting Technology" - which basically not only hopes between the 2.4Ghz frequencies, but also does channel shifting within each frequency - providing a much better protection for interference. On top of that, FrSky is hoping to 2380 Mhz - which is barely used by other ISM devices and far away from Microwaves (2450Mhz) - it's actually brand new and only open for a couple years now (due to overcrowding of microwaves). Also the FrSky is using multiple low and high-pass filters to provide excellent filtering on the Transmitter and Receiver side - especially if you go their telemetry-route (I would highly recommend that - even you don't plan to use it).

If you get a dipole antenna, you can achieve over 5 miles of flight range. I use a 8DBI Patch with the standard RX antennas and I flew over a mile with FrSky stock without RSSI kicking-in. Man you gonna love the RSSI audio notices - it really makes live so much easier :-)

So the key is that it's not only transmitter power but a mix between highly optimized antennas, good filtered antennas and optimized transmitting technologies.
make sure we try that with my new channel settings before you turn that on with me. i got the futaba and spektrum guys out of my video feed, but aint tried that one yet.

my rssi has never moved, but i've only been 3 miles out...... lowest i've seen is 97% and that was when my video was getting blocked my dirt kinda close compared to the rest of my antics.

This weekend i'll take zeph out on a joyride to see just how far shell go and hold solid numbers. Shes ready.... 60 mph, 25-30 minutes, man, that's a hike.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:54 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
the german guy has to ask if there better.... ugggg

they make jello free video...... like turn a gopro on 1080p and it's clear like this
Discovery @ the Gorge on Suppo (2 min 0 sec)

it's one thing to get a gopro to do it hovering,,, but to lean it forward and draw 60 amps and it's jello free means it's working
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
WOOOOWWWW -- Dude that is awesome!

I will get Graupner's when I am ready for them! Right now, still testing and checking.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
thats where the apc and gemfan come in.... When your done crshing and ready to get some footage, step on up.... the cool part is there props so your able to swap back to cheapies if you wanna try something, but once your hooked, your hooked and it's just a risk we take...

Believe it or not, theres a cheaper way to get them

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:122

eventualy he will have 10" too

but shipping is $15 but if you got something else, it'd sting less.

The quad you guys see me fly has $75 worth of graupner parts from prop adapters to the props themselves... it's $50 in parts, $25 in shipping from v-east....... when you need em, you need em and if there good enough, no price is too much. I spent 400 flites trying to make it jello free, then a set of graupners and $2 of ear plugs, there it was. I litteraly wore out two lipos testing and testing
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,384 Posts
yeah i would love to step up to the graups...im litterally on the edge every paycheck and then i back out for some reason...always find something else i want...but they are props so its usually at the bottom of my list of things...especially when i already have a ton of the GF's laying around waiting to be used...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
i hear ya

you guys see the new ZXL? got one heading this way, you guys will be a part of it all. gonna carry that sony nex-5n on that too. I got three of them cameras when they were on sale last month. It's what i used for this... they were on sale for $398 and i got a pile of used lenses off ebay

otto (1 min 6 sec)

getting out of the mini cam flying thing. These photographers i hang out talkin this multirotor stuff have my head skewed. There all flying reds so i should probably back off but hey, i want to fly for them someday