HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:02 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.NEWFIE View Post
yes,.. i know it's a C.C. and a Champ,.. but IDC! =)
Pretty sure they are both Carbon Cubs. I'm sure they make CCs yellow too
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,594 Posts
Quote:
and yes about the altidude,... i won't learn! lol but once again i got my P.C. back to new local hobby shop keeps me "stocked" for all my stuff as he knows i'll be back lol. funny thing is that he keeps teling me about the "stuff" that's in for my P.C. but i havn't needed to pick anything up,.. hopfuly that's a good sign on that ima Learning! or @ least learning from my mistakes..
One of my good friends has the same issue. He says it is partly due to his vision and partly due to his fear of heights.

On another note, I am strongly considering getting an F4F parkflyer.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:10 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,518 Posts
Quote:
and yes about the altidude,... i won't learn! lol but once again i got my P.C. back to new local hobby shop keeps me "stocked" for all my stuff as he knows i'll be back lol. funny thing is that he keeps teling me about the "stuff" that's in for my P.C. but i havn't needed to pick anything up,.. hopfuly that's a good sign on that ima Learning! or @ least learning from my mistakes..
time to learn and discover NEW mistakes!!
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
time to learn and discover NEW mistakes!!
HA-HA! you got that right Coreman,.. always "room" for new anything/everything!
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,518 Posts
Quote:
HA-HA! you got that right Coreman,.. always "room" for new anything/everything!
No hanger queens in my fleet!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
!lol!
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
910 Posts
Flew five batteries yesterday before dark...still lovin' this thing! Working on getting D/R & expo set up just right on the ailerons. Elevator is perfect (for current CG)...hands off and it tracks like a bullet. Tried several loops, Immelmans, eights, rolls...fun! Started to try inverted but it got dark. Spinner is already looking really tired but I'll use it until it is really bad. I got the rubber spinner and 5043 props mentioned earlier...need to try those soon.
I might just keep this thing in the trunk!
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:30 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,594 Posts
It is my favorite calm weather micro
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
220 Posts
HELP!
My polecat needs some expert help. It seems my rudder servo has completely freaked out. I had it out for a flight tonight, and suddenly the rudder locked up hard right and wouldn't move.

I've put the polecat on my table and opened it up --- the rudder servo is definitely getting power, but doesn't seem to be appropriately reacting to the Tx commands. Sometimes if I'm wiggling the rudder control on my Tx, it'll jump around a bit, or completely swing in the other direction. But then it just locks up against the end of the linear drive and keeps trying to turn.

I've tried rebinding with the stock Tx instead of my DX6i, but that didn't help.

Is there some sort of servo reset switch, or function on my Tx? Should I turn off the Rx and try to roll the servo back into the middle? HELLLLLLP!
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
[QUOTE=FunkeyMonk;23010358]HELP!
My polecat needs some expert help. It seems my rudder servo has completely freaked out. I had it out for a flight tonight, and suddenly the rudder locked up hard right and wouldn't move.

I've put the polecat on my table and opened it up --- the rudder servo is definitely getting power, but doesn't seem to be appropriately reacting to the Tx commands. Sometimes if I'm wiggling the rudder control on my Tx, it'll jump around a bit, or completely swing in the other direction. But then it just locks up against the end of the linear drive and keeps trying to turn.

I've tried rebinding with the stock Tx instead of my DX6i, but that didn't help.

Is there some sort of servo reset switch, or function on my Tx? Should I turn off the Rx and try to roll the servo back into the middle? HELLLLLLP![/Q

Take a tip from me FunkeyMonk

I set my end tvavel on my DX6i to 95% on ELEV, RUDD, AILE, (travel adj) on all servos . Never had a linear servo lock up on a micro yet . (I just might be lucky) but im sure it helps to stop overrun and the jaming up of the fast moving liinear servos.

Hope this helps FunkeyMonk
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post
Hope this helps FunkeyMonk
It might have helped about 3 hours ago, before my servo crapped out.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,891 Posts
As long as you have the plane apart disconnect the lipo and center the servo by carefully moving the gear by hand. Had a servo on my Mosquito do the same thing. Centered it and ran it back and forth a few times. Has never failed since. Worth a try...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
It might have helped about 3 hours ago, before my servo crapped out.
Did you nose the PC into the ground? That was one of the original problems where the motor would hit the bottom of the brick and disconnect/short one of the servo lines. Are there black felt marker numbers near the nose? We think those are rework numbers that say they addressed the problem.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Did you nose the PC into the ground? That was one of the original problems where the motor would hit the bottom of the brick and disconnect/short one of the servo lines. Are there black felt marker numbers near the nose? We think those are rework numbers that say they addressed the problem.
I don't have any black marker numbers. Yes, it's possible the motor might've hit the bottom of the brick -- when I opened it up, the brick was loosened, probably from being bumped up from below.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:11 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
As long as you have the plane apart disconnect the lipo and center the servo by carefully moving the gear by hand. Had a servo on my Mosquito do the same thing. Centered it and ran it back and forth a few times. Has never failed since. Worth a try...
Gary
No luck, I'm afraid. If I move it to the middle, it slowly moves itself back to one of the extremes. If I roll it out to the other extreme, it'll zip back. I think it's just totally fritzed.