HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Jul 2011
218 Posts
Kanayama

Updated version!!

- Fixed sand beach position and drag (!*)
- Fixed lightning color and luminance
- Added start positions for watercraft

(thanks Puzom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Swe View Post
* Actually I added a height map with material "sand", result was pretty good I think. And it doesn't sound like you're taxing in water on the beach anymore.

(this h-map can be really useful for maybe adding drag to the Kungälv site also, but I don't feel like messing with it, tried a little but with no better drag anyway, so, maybe next time)
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Woke up to two near perfect water sceneries, now I can't sleep again! Brilliant job Puzom, Csaba and Danny. Water textures are drop dead gorgeous in Phoenix with waves, ripples and reflections, it's eye-candy. You have made the best of it. The aircraft look much better after Puzom adjusted them. I simply love both these flying sites.

(Small bug detected: dropping point set too high for Cub waterplanes & Sea Ranger helicopter at Playa Tortuga).

Playa Tortuga & Kanayama: (links above)
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Updated version!!

- Fixed sand beach position and drag (!*)
- Fixed lightning color and luminance
- Added start positions for watercraft

(thanks Puzom)
Thanks for making the fixes, looks good!
Please check the starting points, eg the Icon A5 with Gear crashes on most starting points.

@Fatgadget

Thanks and thanks for reporting, will fix.

Cheers!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Waves

Hi,

If someone wants to play with changing the way the water/waves move, please have a look at the file water_noise.bmp in "..\PhoenixRC\resources\textures\water\"
Changing this file will allow you to have faster moving waves etc. The bigger the image dimensions the better the effect, but lower fps. I think 1024x1024 is the max which PhoenixRC uses.

Eg try this different "test" version I've attached. (Original included)
You should see faster movement and more waves.

Cheers!
Last edited by Puzom; Jul 08, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2007
102 Posts
I have a field enclosed in this zip that is not working in the sim, they just white screen , i have tried putting it in the different locations user flying fields, and environments and still the same. If anybody wants to check it out and see if there is problem that would be great. I don't know what to look for . I compared it to others and it looks the same to me.

Thanks

Brent
brentg is online now Find More Posts by brentg
Last edited by brentg; Jul 08, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentg View Post
I have a field enclosed in this zip that is not working in the sim, they just white screen , i have tried putting it in the different locations user flying fields, and environments and still the same. If anybody wants to check it out and see if there is problem that would be great. I don't know what to look for . I compared it to others and it looks the same to me.

Thanks

Brent
Hi,

The field works fine, only the preview is white. This file contains only white images: Kosenowsee1cubemap.dds. Which is the rotating preview.

Cheers!
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Jun 2007
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
Hi,

The field works fine, only the preview is white. This file contains only white images: Kosenowsee1cubemap.dds. Which is the rotating preview.

Cheers!
Well That's what I get for not pushing the accept button... Let me ask you one more question what part of the file(s) makes the water move in the sim , or was it something the original author did not set up.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentg View Post
Well That's what I get for not pushing the accept button... Let me ask you one more question what part of the file(s) makes the water move in the sim , or was it something the original author did not set up.
I guess the author did something wrong. Moving water is not included or not done correctly. Odd as the .pxf is 16MB, which normally is the size when moving water is added.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Danny: Csaba struggled with the same problem, and left it unresolved. It's like you're slamming into a brick wall when you land or taxi around his otherwise excellent Budaörs flying site. high on grass, Budaörs:
In fact I was not struggling with this "brick wall" problem.
I am considering this as a not very good feature of Phoenix sim.
The material quality is defining the feature of the surface.
Short grass less bumpy long grass more bumpy.

Nevertheless I made a new Budaörs version the wall is hard but on the front of that, a large model like Pitts can climb up.
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Budaörs2.zip

I have a more disturbing concern.
There is no "tree" material, therefore I am assigning "short grass" to trees.
In fact I have not tested "foliage".
The result of this a "brick wall" effect which is not realistic. I have experiences with models hitting trees.
Those can be collected inside the trees and not falling apart and down.

The "start position" problem of Tortuga
has been fixed, the file is replaced.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Last edited by lcsaba; Jul 08, 2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding some mor info
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Now we can choose between two different styles of water textures, with Puzom's neat addition. Being extremely detailed, these work best on bigger HD screens with fast graphics cards.

Brisk weather, smaller waves: (download, post #169)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Many thanks, Csaba. It works better in the new version. Now it's a small bump to cross! Phoenix Creator has its limitations. Nice with preset values, but they should have included an option to add your own. Everybody's complaining about the compromises they must make when designing with the Creator.

Budaörs2: (download, post#174)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 08, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
218 Posts
I've noticed one thing with the new version (?). If you don't minimize the window (creator) when trying the site in Phoenix, Creator will hang and your work is lost. And another thing that almost drove me nuts. If you see that your objects are not visible, you can't resize them. Don't despair. Restart the program! Actually. It's safest to quit the program when trying out the site, and then start it again. That program needs some gentle touch to work
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
I've noticed one thing with the new version (?). If you don't minimize the window (creator) when trying the site in Phoenix, Creator will hang and your work is lost. And another thing that almost drove me nuts. If you see that your objects are not visible, you can't resize them. Don't despair. Restart the program! Actually. It's safest to quit the program when trying out the site, and then start it again. That program needs some gentle touch to work
Which version you using, Creator 2.5B?
They added a new manual update on the PhoenixRC site, little update. It also contains a debug window.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jun 2007
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
I guess the author did something wrong. Moving water is not included or not done correctly. Odd as the .pxf is 16MB, which normally is the size when moving water is added.

Oh well...Thanks for all your help.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Many thanks, Csaba. It works better in the new version. Now it's a small bump to cross! Phoenix Creator has its limitations. Nice with preset values, but they should have included an option to add your own. Everybody's complaining about the compromises they must make when designing with the Creator.

Budaörs2: (download, post#174)
Some comments.

1. I am glad that You did not say harsh words about this solution, but should not propose to Phoenix certain modification?
To talk seriously, the solution of this problem is not easy.

a. It would be possible to use the same technology as used for water.
A new material should be introduced named let say "Phoenix grass"
If this material is assigned to an area the surface would be an artificial thing, (like water) moving grass, a little bit bumpy, but the model would move across the grass as in real life.
The problem is the colour of the grass, if it is not matching to the grass around it would not be very nice.

b. It would be possible to introduce a new object type, "grass edge" which would be a tilted bar, the height of which would fit to the height of the "area".
To insert a "cube" to Budaörs was not easy and even it is not perfect, it is not working for small models.

I guess Phoenix would not be happy with such proposals.

2. My name always make confusions even here at our Hungarian forum.
We are using our names in a reverse order, compared to Yours.
My family name is Csaba, my first name László.
my e-mail address was selected about 20 years ago, English type: laszlo.csaba,
my user ID lcsaba.
If I were English, my name would be László Csaba, but here it is Csaba László.
You are free to use any of those of course.

3. I am sorry but I have some things to say,
about:
Creator 2B, a very important new feature,
sky-line, my problems constructing Tortuga, for instance,
slope soaring,
cubemap alpha,
comparing the Phoenix featurers to the solutions of AFPD

Are you interested about those?
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba