HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Sep 2010
45 Posts
Thanks For The Reply....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
I went through something similar. so I will venture a guess.
Thanks for that, been time strapped and will try out recommendations over the weekend.

Cheers

Stu
BizViz is offline Find More Posts by BizViz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
451 Posts
My GH2 arrived yesterday

Okto2 GH2 (2 min 26 sec)
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Sep 2010
45 Posts
Ahhh That Did The Trick !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
I went through something similar. so I will venture a guess.

Al
Many thanks AL, I had the FC arrow facing motor 3 and I didn't think it would be able to point to motor 1 due to the dist board wiring harness being too short, but it just reaches. Followed your instructions & now it fly's
It's a bit twitchy compared to my Hexa so will now look at some tuning PID and the like which is new territory for me.

Config : (Bitz I had Lying Around)

MK Quad Frame
Motors : 4 x Pulso X2820/14
Motor to Motor Distance : 530 mm
Props: APC 13 x 6.5

Cheers
BizViz is offline Find More Posts by BizViz
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
The Dude
Louisiana, USA
Joined Jan 2009
452 Posts
no doubt a repeat question, but in a pinch...

epi-osd isn't providing the hud. everything else works...green lights, menu to configure, buttons respond, etc. just no hud. do i have to press S1 after the motors come on? always seemed like it just came on at startup.

thanks in advance!
Smokytyrz is offline Find More Posts by Smokytyrz
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
My GH2 arrived yesterday

http://vimeo.com/21506319
That's an interesting video from a fairly expensive (and heavy) camera for a quadcopter. It does not appear to have much of the jello effect you often see with so many of the CMOS based cameras.

I downloaded the original file posted on vimeo and it looks like a deshake software application could make it smoother.

OMM
Old Man Mike is offline Find More Posts by Old Man Mike
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizViz View Post
Many thanks AL, I had the FC arrow facing motor 3 and I didn't think it would be able to point to motor 1 due to the dist board wiring harness being too short, but it just reaches. Followed your instructions & now it fly's

Cheers
That's great ! I have had a 'few issues' recently so all this is fresh in my mind

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:40 AM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mike View Post
That's an interesting video from a fairly expensive (and heavy) camera for a quadcopter. It does not appear to have much of the jello effect you often see with so many of the CMOS based cameras.

I downloaded the original file posted on vimeo and it looks like a deshake software application could make it smoother.

OMM
Hi Mike,
it's on the Okto2. I know that Deshaker could make it smoother but wanted to show how good is the camera mount.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:34 AM
Randburg
Joined Jul 2008
343 Posts
Anyone know where to get bearings for roxxy motors???
Ryan Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Thomas
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:51 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,031 Posts
ensure the ribbon cable is connected and working, I had some issues with mine lately.

an easy way to check to see if the OSD is getting data is to look at the LED's they should be flashing like mad on the EPI osd, that indicated it's gettting data from the FC

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokytyrz View Post
no doubt a repeat question, but in a pinch...

epi-osd isn't providing the hud. everything else works...green lights, menu to configure, buttons respond, etc. just no hud. do i have to press S1 after the motors come on? always seemed like it just came on at startup.

thanks in advance!
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
The Dude
Louisiana, USA
Joined Jan 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
ensure the ribbon cable is connected and working, I had some issues with mine lately.

an easy way to check to see if the OSD is getting data is to look at the LED's they should be flashing like mad on the EPI osd, that indicated it's gettting data from the FC

Steve
Thx! I'll double check it. Everything was working fine before. Took a break, came back to it, and now all I see is the OSD menu, but no HUD. Started to wonder if I forgot how to turn it all on! lol
Smokytyrz is offline Find More Posts by Smokytyrz
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:44 PM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim80 View Post
Unfortunately at twice the price of everyone else. Fair enough, no one else seems to have stock and I have a choice.
How about this?

Digikey has ADXRS652 gyros for $30.30. The ADXRS652 is the industrial version of the ADXRS620. Output is 7mV/degree/sec, but can be changed to match the ADXRS620/610 by adding a 1.07M resistor, which Digikey also has. It looks like you could easily piggyback 0805 resistors onto capacitors C59, C60, and C61 on the FC.

From the datasheet: The ADXRS652 scale factor can be modified to match the 6 mV//sec scale factor of the ADXRS620 by adding a single 1.07 MΩ resistor between the RATEOUT and SUMJ.

Here are the Digikey links for the gyro and resistor:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...DXRS652BBGZ-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...41-1.07MCCT-ND

Of course, I haven't tried this, so do your due diligence.

- Don
dleroi is offline Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleroi View Post
How about this?

Digikey has ADXRS652 gyros for $30.30. The ADXRS652 is the industrial version of the ADXRS620. Output is 7mV/degree/sec, but can be changed to match the ADXRS620/610 by adding a 1.07M resistor, which Digikey also has. It looks like you could easily piggyback 0805 resistors onto capacitors C59, C60, and C61 on the FC.

From the datasheet: The ADXRS652 scale factor can be modified to match the 6 mV//sec scale factor of the ADXRS620 by adding a single 1.07 MΩ resistor between the RATEOUT and SUMJ.

Here are the Digikey links for the gyro and resistor:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...DXRS652BBGZ-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...41-1.07MCCT-ND

Of course, I haven't tried this, so do your due diligence.

- Don
That is interesting, I'll check it out. Although I am in the UK, so if I have to order from the USA it's normally hardly worth doing so for a small order.
Many thanks!
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,528 Posts
I was a very bad boy today. I just ordered an RC-Carbon hexa frame/camera mount combo. The plan is to use TimeCops I2C converter and good old regular esc's. No more a slave to the MK BL-CTL. I have a few weeks to come up with an excuse to my Mrs. as to why this "thing" is sitting in my hobby room.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Hi Mike,
it's on the Okto2. I know that Deshaker could make it smoother but wanted to show how good is the camera mount.
Whats the camera mount?
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:09 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
451 Posts
Camera mount is made by one local guy.

Here's how it work and look

nick/roll camera compensation (1 min 7 sec)

this was with Gopro