HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
604 Posts
Discussion
motor + esc and battery sizing

I have 3 planes, all flew on 60 2 strokes or 90 4 strokes, one is a tigermoth, ( floater), the second is a cloud dancer 60, ( sport) the third is a laser, ( 3 d capable), I would like to find a motor and esc combo for each and have them all take the same size battery I have found out just how much i lost since leaving the hobby so I'm good with engines, but tired of slobber all over the plane and the electrics don't seem to have the same amount of wear a nd tear as the nitros
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
United States, ID, Shelley
Joined Dec 2011
445 Posts
Give these documents a read, I think they'll help get you what you're looking for.

Consolidating on battery sizes is a good idea, if/where you can as it both reduces cost, but keeps from having "special" batteries sit around not getting used very often.

Good luck.
ddemu is offline Find More Posts by ddemu
Old Nov 15, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Oct 2013
604 Posts
electric calculations

thanks for the info, I should be able to calculate this now, It was easier with engines, a 40 size plane took a 40 or 45 the hotter you wanted it to fly the better or bigger engine you bought
Old Nov 17, 2013, 03:44 PM
United States, ID, Shelley
Joined Dec 2011
445 Posts
Electric power is clean and convenient, but lots more variables to work out than we had to do with glow.
ddemu is offline Find More Posts by ddemu
Old Nov 17, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2013
604 Posts
electric

I've had several electrics in the past they were small but fun these planes are large and from what I saw they were also expensive with large bricks for batteries, although convenient I saw many guys having two batteries for each plane and that was really confusing, what I'm doing now is caculating the motor and battery size so that I get the preformance with the same size battery