HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon View Post
Andrew, sorry about your aunt. You have a PM.

Marty
Thanks Marty. I saw, and responded to your Email too.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:35 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,431 Posts
Thanks, I certainly understand the delay. No problem.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:24 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
Thought are with you Andrew at this time. Pm sent
buzzbingle is offline Find More Posts by buzzbingle
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:03 AM
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
85 Posts
Looking for info about how and where to install tt25 in my dynam waco
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:05 AM
Eyes on the ball
U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2003
268 Posts
Just upgrade my Freewing P51 with MrRC Sound system any suggestions as of where to mount the two TT-25 speakers ?
Thx in advance!
flyboss is online now Find More Posts by flyboss
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:22 AM
Lovin my DX18QQ!!
Australia, QLD, Ferny Hills
Joined Apr 2013
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboss View Post
Just upgrade my Freewing P51 with MrRC Sound system any suggestions as of where to mount the two TT-25 speakers ?
Thx in advance!
When you remove the old speakers, there's heaps of room inside for the TT's. Just remember to plug the holes under the grills with foam.
PhillPerry is offline Find More Posts by PhillPerry
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ready2Fly RAF DH-112 Venom
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
I want to install MrRCSound in my Eflite SE5a. I think it has EC5 connectors on the battery, but I have no idea how to make or where to buy a pass through T-connector to attach the sound card to the battery. Is there a tutorial on that, or a link to a product page? The only one I could find looks like it only works with a Deans connector:

http://www.motionrc.com/t-connector-...ough-with-jst/

Thanks!
Altbob is online now Find More Posts by Altbob
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altbob View Post
I want to install MrRCSound in my Eflite SE5a. I think it has EC5 connectors on the battery, but I have no idea how to make or where to buy a pass through T-connector to attach the sound card to the battery. Is there a tutorial on that, or a link to a product page? The only one I could find looks like it only works with a Deans connector:

http://www.motionrc.com/t-connector-...ough-with-jst/

Thanks!
I have looked around for an EC5 version of this, but not found any. It seems that the T connector or XT-60 are the only ones that come pre-made. Your best bet would be to solder up the male lead just off the connector on the ESC side. If you don't solder, check around with some friends, I am sure someone you know can do it. It would take all of 5 minutes. Red to red, black to black. Tape it up or shrink wrap it and off you go.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
I can passably solder - as long as I have a few extra connectors on hand to accidentally melt until I get it right. But I am still a little unclear about what I am trying to make here. Is there a decent diagram or youtube video you can point me to?
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,617 Posts
Quote:
...a few extra connectors on hand to accidentally melt ...
So, don't solder a 'lone' connector -- plug it into a mate. I've been soldering for almost 50 years, 15 years professionally, mil spec, and *I* can't solder any of this consumer grade crap without a mate.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarchuk View Post
So, don't solder a 'lone' connector -- plug it into a mate. I've been soldering for almost 50 years, 15 years professionally, mil spec, and *I* can't solder any of this consumer grade crap without a mate.
lol, that makes me feel a little better
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
85 Posts
I would like to use the P51 whistle sound but I only have a six channel and they are all being used. I could use a mix but I need some ideas on how to do it. Any suggestions, other than buying another radio? LOL
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
I can passably solder - as long as I have a few extra connectors on hand to accidentally melt until I get it right. But I am still a little unclear about what I am trying to make here. Is there a decent diagram or youtube video you can point me to?
Let me see if I can find a diagram for you, not sure if I made one up or not. Basically you are just trying to tap into the battery for power when it is connected. So at the base of the connector where the ESC wires plug in would be the best spot. That way when you plug your battery in, it feeds the ESC, and also out to the sound card.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermilo View Post
I would like to use the P51 whistle sound but I only have a six channel and they are all being used. I could use a mix but I need some ideas on how to do it. Any suggestions, other than buying another radio? LOL
I have heard of a couple people putting it on the flap channel, and triggering the flaps briefly to activate it. I have not tried it, but it might be worth a shot.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 11:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Let me see if I can find a diagram for you, not sure if I made one up or not. Basically you are just trying to tap into the battery for power when it is connected. So at the base of the connector where the ESC wires plug in would be the best spot. That way when you plug your battery in, it feeds the ESC, and also out to the sound card.

Andrew
Thanks, that would be great. I get a little queasy doing any kind of soldering around batteries...anything you can provide to steady my nerves will be appreciated!