HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2003, 04:46 PM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
JR XP6102 TX Needs One Design Change

Dear All,

I've been checking out the new JR XP6102 as a possible transmitter for DLG applications, and an alternative the the Airtronics RD6/8000. (My backup TX is a JR, so I'd be able to do buddy box with a second JR.) The 6102 has only six channels, but functions and mixes can be moved to almost any switch, making it a very flexible low-end transmitter.

In reading the manual in detail however, I found one significant shortcoming. Though the location of the flap/spoiler function is selectable, throttle stick is not one of the choices. Thus, if one wants to put flap on the throttle stick, one ties up two of the precious six channels for the flap function alone. For my desired setup, that leaves me one channel short.

I've written to Horizon Hobby to suggest a small change to the menu system to allow flap on throttle stick. If anyone else has Horizon's or JR's ear and cares about this issue, please let them know you'd like to see that change, too.

(If anyone wants a copy of the change I recommended to them, please let me know.)

Thanks much,

Marc
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2003, 06:42 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
I can't find a description of that radio on the Horizon Hobby web site. It's listed there with the price, but all it says is that they're currently out of stock. Do you know of a web page that has some details?
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike