4,339 Posts
^Awesome!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Sep 14, 2014, 01:23 AM
United States, NE, Hebron
Joined Nov 2008
993 Posts
Ya it sure is a great plane,

i broke this plane on landing a year or so ago. the wing broke at the servo straight threw. so i shoved a piece of spruce down the middle of the wing and used gorrila glue to hold it all togather i glassed the shell of the wing back togather.

i just came back from soar utah and on the way home i DSed this plane with the thickend spar to 15o+ i wish it was made with heavy set up.....p
57sailplane is offline Find More Posts by 57sailplane
Last edited by 57sailplane; Sep 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:10 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Miners Rest
Joined Feb 2009
1,584 Posts
I'm looking to get a hotliner having done some DS and flown a Rifle for a while.

I was about to get an Inertia from HK Australia when it sold out and went off their listings. So I've gone direct to launch model who manufacture them and they have four different flavors of the F5B each with the choice of 2 or 4 servo wing. Standard, reinforced(extra fg in the D box), carbon D box and full carbon. What are people flying mostly? How hard can you push the standard model?

I've been reading this thread esp for motor options but I just noticed that Hobby king have brought out a 39mm, 1750W, 620Kv, in-runner aimed at hotliners. A few reviewers have jammed them into Inertias. Anyone know if this a reasonable motor option?
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dproduct=19112
batballs is online now Find More Posts by batballs
Old Sep 14, 2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs View Post
I'm looking to get a hotliner having done some DS and flown a Rifle for a while.

I was about to get an Inertia from HK Australia when it sold out and went off their listings. So I've gone direct to launch model who manufacture them and they have four different flavors of the F5B each with the choice of 2 or 4 servo wing. Standard, reinforced(extra fg in the D box), carbon D box and full carbon. What are people flying mostly? How hard can you push the standard model?

I've been reading this thread esp for motor options but I just noticed that Hobby king have brought out a 39mm, 1750W, 620Kv, in-runner aimed at hotliners. A few reviewers have jammed them into Inertias. Anyone know if this a reasonable motor option?

http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dproduct=19112

39mm is too much for the Inertia unless you cut a bit the nose.
m_s900 is online now Find More Posts by m_s900
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:34 PM
Joined Feb 2014
52 Posts
WattsinThat is offline Find More Posts by WattsinThat
Last edited by WattsinThat; Sep 14, 2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 07:46 PM
United States, NE, Hebron
Joined Nov 2008
993 Posts
i have been eying that radiant for quite some time now even got the quote just havnt pulled the trigger. still dialing my xplane in. so it may be a little bit.
57sailplane is offline Find More Posts by 57sailplane
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:45 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Miners Rest
Joined Feb 2009
1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s900 View Post
39mm is too much for the Inertia unless you cut a bit the nose.
Where there's a will there's a way

I suppose I just haven't really heard of many low Kv in-runners before and am wondering how efficient and robust it is.
Taken at face value its a very simple and cheap way to get over 1.5kW into a glider. Hopefully, good for a hotliner newbie.

I agree that Radiant looks good. I wonder what other name it goes under? I'm sure they supply most of their planes via distributors and other "names" in the hobby industry. Going off their video links some of the scale planes are supplied to Graupner.

The delivery prices are pretty high compared to the plane prices however, so its worthwhile to team up with someone to buy more than one plane if you can.
batballs is online now Find More Posts by batballs
Last edited by batballs; Sep 15, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 03:29 AM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs View Post
Where there's a will there's a way

I suppose I just haven't really heard of many low Kv in-runners before and am wondering how efficient......
no very I'd imagine....mine has 1110\1y 4s 16x17s at 1-1.2 kw, that's 190g motor n gb, i know its not $60, but my cheap motors just rattle around in the draw

how much for the radiant delivered?
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2