SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:03 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
My white V911 arrived today...isn't she pretty?

I agree, it's a very nice looking canopy. Does it fit the Solo Pro without modifications? Any other parts that are a drop in replacement for the Solo Pro? Or does it just look like it's a cloned Solo Pro, but all parts a little off as for dimensions, ruining compatibility?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:14 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
does the lcd screen really have EL backlight or just a pair of leds ?

the motor stick is spring loaded?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Is it true that even on mode2 TX the LCD shows "mode1"?

Thanks.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
So, I've been reading the various posts on the V911 and I have a few questions:

Does the included tx hold it's trim settings or not? I have read two different answers about that? Not interested if I keep having to reset the trims each time I turn it on. What about the dual rate setting; how do you tell what mode it is in, high or low?

How is the circuit board quality? It sounds as though it may be suspect; prone to burning out, etc.

I know the price of this heli is quite low, but I don't want to waste my time and money on something that is going to break down all the time.

It's a shame that you can only use the batteries that come with the V911; there are other batteries out there like the Trex and the Eflite that look identical; you would think they would work, but I guess not from what I'm reading here.

Looking forward to responses. Thank you
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:45 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Q&A time again..

Solopro: Yup it looks very nice and it does fit on the SP without modifications. The rotor assembly and bearings are also compatible with the SP... tail (and therefore frame) does not... (tail is much thicker than the SP's).

Wallaguest1: I'm not sure what the difference is between EL backlight and 2 LEDs... though I can tell you that the screen is lit very well and you could easily see your settings =]
Throttle isn't spring loaded..all the other channels are.

Helicopcat:
Yes, I found that to be very odd..but yup it shows mode 1 even though the TX is mode 2

Hope12839:
-The tx does have trim memory, but it doesn't have a dual-rate icon..so you'll have to judge from the servo movement to know if it's in high/low rates.
-Circuit board is pretty well made and I'd say it's even better than that of the SP. The one I had with the defect was happily replaced by the seller, the other two work fine.
-Batteries are unfortunately, as you know, incompatible with the other birds. It's connectors are similar to the SP but if you use the skids from one bird to another, there will be a shift in it's CG (the SP's battery goes into the canopy while the V911's battery is under the skids like that of the Bravo SX).

Hope that helps!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:07 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Yes that does help, thank you.

I notice that the Align tx uses only 4 batteries and has no dual rate button; whereas the V911 tx uses 6 batteries and does have a dual rate button. Strange. I also noticed that the battery charging port on the Align tx is on the lower right side, and the V911 tx has it on the back side. Again strange, these differences.

I wonder who the actual manufacturer is for both the Align and the V911? Seems it must be the same company; they just do some things differently for each brand.

Ultimately, regardless of the price difference; which do you think is the better heli combo; the Align or the V911? If price didn't matter, which would you buy?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:08 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Is it true that even on mode2 TX the LCD shows "mode1"?

Thanks.

On the Turnigy 9x radio, it says "MODE" when it should say "MODEL", and "MODEL" where it should say "MODE". In other words, if you change the stick layout, you have to change models, but if you want to fly your 250 heli, 450 heli, and a few airplanes with the radio, then you change modes. It's just bad translation.

Anyway, is it possible that on the 911 xmitter that MODE also means MODEL? Maybe if you can change modes, you are really changing models. It just might be that if you have 2 or more 911s, you can have different trim settings for each. Just a thought.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Here is another micro heli that looks real good. From Art-Tech

$79 at Xheli
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:09 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
i noticed there are two buttons in the radio for each index fingers, both of them are functional for the dual rates? or just one is functional and the other one is not a button
Last edited by wallaguest1; Dec 18, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:11 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
i noticed there are two buttons in the radio for each index fingers, both of them are functional for the dual rates? or just one is functional and the other one is not a button
Only the one on the left side is functional. The other button does nothing and is not clickable.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:47 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
jameschen072,

Where did you buy the white one?
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Dec 18, 2011, 06:39 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
asanado: online... but from Taobao(Chinese eBay like site) it just came out and that seller still is the only one I see that sells the white one.. guess it will trickle to other markets as time passes
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2011, 06:59 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
in case i receive a mode1 radio, its possible change it to mode2 ?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:08 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
wallaguest: it requires you to take apart the tx... don't think anyone has tried it yet hmm. hope you get the mode 2 tx from the start!

unrelated: regarding the trim memory... the rudder trim is reset to neutral everytime the tx is restarted... all other channels have memory. guess that is why there was confusion before.
On a similar note: I have found the gyro to be very sensitive during initialization. it must be on a flat surface...unlike the SP which will hold well even if it initializes on your hands.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
I just asked a customer representative from www.banggood.com if the V911 transmitter was in Mode 1 or Mode 2, and I was told that the throttle stick is on the left. So I would assume its a Mode 2 transmitter.
StringBean is offline Find More Posts by StringBean