HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:16 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Ah,.....er.......wookster........i dont believe ive heard that melody before....was it by,"Two crashing forklifts in a scrap metal yard"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hello *echo* *echo* *echo* Anyone here? *echo* *echo* *echo* Guess not.
I'm with you snowman; just sounded like noise to me. No offense meant to those who like this style of music.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:45 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
LOLOL That was actually pretty freakin funny wookster I'm not persay a metal head by definition but love all kinds of stuff, why just last night I went and saw some old friends The Marshall Tucker Band,, them boys can still rock the place, although the lead singer can barely do 3 or 4 songs anymore, so they split up most of the tunes with the other guys who all have great voices anyway, but its always great to see him as he's had throat operations and stuff so its a miracle he's even singing at all, but those guys can definitely still rock, sold out show and the place was a hoppin Kind of gives me faith that I'll still be able to Jam in my 70's if I make it that far lol

OH Yeah I got my very first Senior Discount yesterday LOL I didn't know I was even a considered soul for such a thing yet but apparently 50 is senior discount at Dunkin Donuts I went to get a coffee and a friend of mine's son works there and when the girl rang up my total and told me the price at the drive through I panicked thinking they were about to give me a small coffee (as I always get an extra large) and I corrected her price and she said I had that price but he (pointing at my friend) made me change it.. who was laughing and smiling, It took me a second or too to realize he wasn't just being nice to me but I should be getting it LOL I kinda had mixed feelings about that one for a second LOL Now I have to go and check with the Local Hobby Shop LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
LOLOL That was actually pretty freakin funny wookster I'm not persay a metal head by definition but love all kinds of stuff, why just last night I went and saw some old friends The Marshall Tucker Band,, them boys can still rock the place, although the lead singer can barely do 3 or 4 songs anymore, so they split up most of the tunes with the other guys who all have great voices anyway, but its always great to see him as he's had throat operations and stuff so its a miracle he's even singing at all, but those guys can definitely still rock, sold out show and the place was a hoppin Kind of gives me faith that I'll still be able to Jam in my 70's if I make it that far lol

OH Yeah I got my very first Senior Discount yesterday LOL I didn't know I was even a considered soul for such a thing yet but apparently 50 is senior discount at Dunkin Donuts I went to get a coffee and a friend of mine's son works there and when the girl rang up my total and told me the price at the drive through I panicked thinking they were about to give me a small coffee (as I always get an extra large) and I corrected her price and she said I had that price but he (pointing at my friend) made me change it.. who was laughing and smiling, It took me a second or too to realize he wasn't just being nice to me but I should be getting it LOL I kinda had mixed feelings about that one for a second LOL Now I have to go and check with the Local Hobby Shop LOL
MTB is a rockin band, didn't know they were still around, good to know.

I laughed as I read your account of getting coffee at Dunkin Donuts...I freaked out last month when I got an AARP card application in the mail.
But I guess discounts are discounts, no matter how you look at it!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Love it Wookie!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
My daughter is taking to the loom like a fish to water!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
My daughter is taking to the loom like a fish to water!
That's awesome snowman, congrats and praise! Really nice to see that.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Boy snowy I'm gonna have to come up an check that Loom out.
I got the new motor installed in my tigermoth. Now I just got to fix the rudder hinge an she'll be ready for flight.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Snowdog I'll have to look for my upcoming AARP card LOLOL

Snowman That is awesome !! I'd be all over that machine if I had one like that Glad to hear the daughter is loving it and getting use from it as well, Nothing like a Happy Girl and her machine
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:33 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
BTW one of the power ball winners bought the winning ticket just 20 miles from me by way of crow.
Too bad it wasn't me I'd be on a twistacholic tour.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
Thanks fellas.....I'm awfully proud of her! Here is a picture of the first two rugs....her's will be the third. (She should be done tomorrow.)
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,430 Posts
Well to be honest Drowning Pool is not what I consider a "good" metal band,.

This on the other hand, is the absolute best. These guys are insanely talented, especially the drummer. Seeing as thats my instrument, this is my favorite band. see if you can figure out the time signature?

Tool - Vicarious (lyrics) (7 min 7 sec)



This is my favorite of their songs. Has the lyrics so you can understand it better. If you ever took a psychology class and talked about Dr Jung. It will make perfect sense.
Forty Six & 2 - Tool (6 min 3 sec)
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Last edited by Wookster; Nov 29, 2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: better youtube ersion
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Wookster great musicans for sure I want to say 5/4 but I don't think it stayed that for the entire song it lost me a couple of times lol

Snowman those are beautiful, what craftsmanship for sure extremely impressive if you ask me as even with the machine I think mine would look like one of those straggy loose end throw rugs lol great job can't wait to see more.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Snowman, that is so cool!!

Wookster, I thought Sober was the best video of its year but they gave all the awards to Robert Palmer for simply irresistible! Yuck!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
He was nearly 6.... met him this year in NJ..
5 year old Justin Jee(Chi) - Storm 3D Foamy - July 2008 (5 min 33 sec)

Ah yes.... Approved Musac

Prisencolinensinainciusol with Subtitles (4 min 6 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 29, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:21 PM
Registered User
buckskin's Avatar
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
He was nearly 6.... met him this year in NJ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_LdYvlK6bM



That little plane is bigger than him. Kid has skills fer sure
buckskin is offline Find More Posts by buckskin
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM