SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Question
radio set up for h quad

I just finished the frame for my h quad, got my kk2 board and props today, will be mounting them on dt750's,and am waiting for my esc's. My question is this-- I've always flown planes, this is my first venture into multi rotors and I don't know how to set up my ds6i. Do I setup for plane or heli mode, and do you have any good starting points? I sure would like to have a good baseline to start with, so I can blame all problems on the pilot! Thanks for your help.
winglessbob is offline Find More Posts by winglessbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:20 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,222 Posts
Setup as a plane on a clean empty model. Nothing really needed beyond that. Any reversing, stick scaling (kind of like expo) can all be done on the kk2. Only thing you should need to do is adjust the end points to get full travel on the kk Rx setup screen.

No mixing or anything else really needed on the radio.

Be sure to calibrate the throttle range on the escs.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:33 PM
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
My mistake-- I don't have the kk2, I have the hobbyking multi rotor control board v2.1 (Atmega 168pa). I wanted the kk2 and am going to order it on my next order. Thanks.
winglessbob is offline Find More Posts by winglessbob