HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:59 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Hi guys ... mainly I'm a bit off topic ... but since almost all this Quad RTF are on stock on BangGood.Com ... I guess most of you are familiar with.

I order days ago the SH 6043.
In the description it state: Usually ships within one business day.

Funny enough the order history show that in 1 day they can't even start to process my order

2012-07-31 08:5x:xx Payment Confirmed
2012-07-31 09:5x:xx Ready To Process
2012-08-02 00:0x:xx Processing

My guess it is that it is already weekend time in china ... so this will not get shipped before monday ... so ... 1 week from payment to shipping, for an item on stock for me it is quite a lot

Anyhow, they have the cheapest prices, and they state they make additional QC .. probably my local custom office will add 1 week of paper work and will collect 30% of what I pay for order this quad ... so ... if all will end fine, I may order again from them ... but ... I would have expected a bit faster handling ... especially for the first order .... if people are happy on first order, they may order again

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Just checked ... and finally it state as shipped ...

Ok 3 working day for shipping is ok.

Their price with worldwide free shipping is a hammer ...

So ... I'm looking forward to get my toy quad ... curious to see how it will compare to a more "adavanced" MicrQuad PNF brushless with the KK2.0 board on it ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:38 AM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Sad times.....
I don't know what happened and I'm trying to isolate the "why?"
But the u816/v929 quad has gone dead. The only thing I can think of is that the v929 board didn't like the smaller motors. In mid flight, it dropped on the living room floor. No power outputs to any of the motors. I thought I may have burnt out the u816 motors (although not likely for all four at the same time) and checked with the multi meter....no volts. The fets look fine, not burnt out and the micro smd resistors are too small for me to verify by meter or visually see any problems.....ugh.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:42 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Lost my walkera v2 ladybird just now,it's too fast.Can not tell which direction is the head and the tail,when the ladybird far from me,now only a Devo 4 TX left with me,this is my first flight of this bird,really steady,and fast,perhaps a little small for me.
Nuuuuuu! that is sad news.....
I flew my Ladybird V1 at the park the other day and was practicing nose-forward flying @distance. I find that if I have 100% concentration and notice the minute rotation of the booms during turns back to me, it can work OK.
But I lost concentration for a split second, so lost my orientation and tried very small turns with a bit of throttle... to seee if I can figure out it's orientation with no luck. Yes, when the Ladybird is soooo far away.... it is impossible to then tell which way it is going in small spurts... before it's too late to drop-down for a safe reteival.

That is why... when I just want stress-free fun @the park with my LB, I will fly it in a nose-front box pattern... and I can just rip it around the place with hardly any worries of orientation.... even @night!

Any news on the Mini Pet v.s. MJX 100?? I have the mini-pet on e-check order, and want to know if the MJX is better? or if one has a programable TX? where stick "travel adjusts" can be made?
i.e. if the Rudd is too slow, can go into TX and change Rudd "travel adjust" to higher/faster value.

thanks for infos Aaron
vpsporb is online now Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:47 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
Sad times.....
I don't know what happened and I'm trying to isolate the "why?"
But the u816/v929 quad has gone dead. The only thing I can think of is that the v929 board didn't like the smaller motors. In mid flight, it dropped on the living room floor. No power outputs to any of the motors. I thought I may have burnt out the u816 motors (although not likely for all four at the same time) and checked with the multi meter....no volts. The fets look fine, not burnt out and the micro smd resistors are too small for me to verify by meter or visually see any problems.....ugh.
yo Toniiiie... Nooooooooooooooooo! that is a sad, sad thing.
No puff of smoke... or @least a burnt smell or off-colored component?
I hope you can trouble-shoot it... and it's just a loose or shorted connection.

luuck!
vpsporb is online now Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:36 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
yo Toniiiie... Nooooooooooooooooo! that is a sad, sad thing.
No puff of smoke... or @least a burnt smell or off-colored component?
I hope you can trouble-shoot it... and it's just a loose or shorted connection.

luuck!
yeah, I found it. An extremely small resistor is disintegrated.
Only thing that remains is a faint smouldered area and burnt carbon. I won't know exactly what resistor type it was until the replacement board I ordered (almost 4 weeks ago!) comes in so that I can compare. I did find the reason why this occurred though.

As careful as I thought I was, a small strand of wire bridged one of the neg/pos motor outputs when I removed the jst connectors and direct solder the motors the the board. Although 2 flights later this occurred, I firmly believe this was the cause.

Now I'm quadless....oh the humanity.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Seems rather tragic you have to use another manufacturer's board to get it to fly properly, we see more and more of these kind of design deficiencies in lower cost models.
On a related note, using another board is one way to be able to use another (possibly better) Tx.
In this thread,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401
Walkera Ladybird booms, motors, etc. are put on an mQx frame and board to let one fly a Ladybird sized quad using a DSM2 (Spektrum) Tx.
This combo has about the same cost as a Ladybird V1: while an mQx bnf, etc. is pretty expensive, one can get an mQx board and frame for about US$40 on eBay, and I got Ladybird booms, motors, props, etc. for US$25 from Banggood.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Nuuuuuu! that is sad news.....
I flew my Ladybird V1 at the park the other day and was practicing nose-forward flying @distance. I find that if I have 100% concentration and notice the minute rotation of the booms during turns back to me, it can work OK.
But I lost concentration for a split second, so lost my orientation and tried very small turns with a bit of throttle... to seee if I can figure out it's orientation with no luck. Yes, when the Ladybird is soooo far away.... it is impossible to then tell which way it is going in small spurts... before it's too late to drop-down for a safe reteival.

That is why... when I just want stress-free fun @the park with my LB, I will fly it in a nose-front box pattern... and I can just rip it around the place with hardly any worries of orientation.... even @night!

Any news on the Mini Pet v.s. MJX 100?? I have the mini-pet on e-check order, and want to know if the MJX is better? or if one has a programable TX? where stick "travel adjusts" can be made?
i.e. if the Rudd is too slow, can go into TX and change Rudd "travel adjust" to higher/faster value.

thanks for infos Aaron
MIni pet is really fun to fly. It has beginner mode and Advanced mode (for flips and side rolls),but it's also too small for me,I prefer the size of the v929(over 20cm),also so easy to do the flips,no challenge at all,D:.
I did not have the MJX 100 yet,but would get one two days later,as we all known,MJX is a good brand,I believe the quad will also be famous as the the MJX F45,we will see,D:
PS, you can use the F45 TX to control the MJX quad,but you may not do the flips,most of the parts are the same with the MJX Heli parts.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:57 PM
Australia, NSW, Lismore
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Hi Aaron,

Just noting that a lot of stores are rolling out the Hoten X. Any idea when Banggood will start?

Thx,
Symantics is offline Find More Posts by Symantics
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
On a related note, using another board is one way to be able to use another (possibly better) Tx.
Absolutely true, with the number of brands and types flooding the market, people are bound to play mix n match to get the result they would like.
But at what point is the economic viability flying out the window with the quad?
I have the mqx bnf and have since ordered a 929 bnf only because I have a 9x radio and I can use the 929 as a cheap parts donor for the mqx.
Any further adventures with quads will be a bit more upmarket for this little black duck, although I'm certainly interested in reading other's experiences with the various offerings.
I can see this becoming like the 3ch heli explosion, where the market was flooded with countless varieties.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
I can see this becoming like the 3ch heli explosion, where the market was flooded with countless varieties.
This is what I am seeing on the streets here already. But these quads are much harder to fly than the 3 channel co-axials.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This is what I am seeing on the streets here already. But these quads are much harder to fly than the 3 channel co-axials.
They are, but from the toy makers standpoint, they are great, no moving parts; far more simple to assemble than a coax and all the motors are the same.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
They are, but from the toy makers standpoint, they are great, no moving parts; far more simple to assemble than a coax and all the motors are the same.
Also like the early Walkeras, the toy makers do not expect most of the customers to be able to fly them at all.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:39 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Also like the early Walkeras, the toy makers do not expect most of the customers to be able to fly them at all.
Only the early Walkeras?
I have to be the cynical realist here and say that none of them really care whether a particular purchaser can make use of it, just so long as they buy one.
It really matters not to any of them if the on first attempted (or subsequent) flights, it launches through the ceiling, pirouettes into the lcd tv or shaves half the hair off the cat.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:17 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
So this is mostly off topic but I'm about to go meet the crew and get a close-up look at a v-22 Osprey
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,771 Posts
Second impressions of the U816 after about 6 batteries.

The hover is still fairly tricky. Sometimes I'll zip it right up to where I want it, back off a smidgen and it'll sit there like a balloon. Other times I'm seesawing up and down over a 1 degree movement on the throttle stick. But, as I wrote previously, this is helping my v929 skills no end. I actually think that any other Micro Quad after this will seem too easy to hover.

Pirouttes are slower than I'd like (compared to the v929, for example) and are the same in both speed modes, and it's only now I'm getting more comfortable with it that I'd like them to be a bit faster. But all that really means is that when I get outside (raining and windy again) my banked turns will need more room.

For the cheap price I got it for ($32), and the two batteries - and you get ages off of one battery too - until I have something better to compare to, or get outside and see how it performs in a bigger area than my small garden, I'm still happy with it.

Edit: Tired of waiting for the weather, so took it out in 5-6 mph winds and it was a blast. The Yaw is probably too slow for fancy pirouettes, but for turns it was actually OK, as I tend to corkscrew too much with my v929 if I'm not careful. Needed to be on High Speed mode outside for best results, and I mostly flew facing forwards. It does not care about the wind. At. All.

It also doesn't suffer from propwash instability if I shut the throttle when it's 50ft up. It just comes down, as fast as I want. Including with no throttle at all onto the grass. A big dose of throttle 5ft from the ground also saves it most times, or at least cushions the landing. I also got it at least the claimed 40m away and those orange props are surprisingly visible if you tip it up at a distance. The hover sensitivity just wasn't an issue outside. I threw it up 20ft, whizzed it off into the distance, adjusting the throttle as required if it went too high. Or not.

Only issue was when changing batteries and then holding it level while it bound to the radio (ground was uneven grass and I was hand-launching it). Took a few goes to stop it going off at a slight angle. I may get some small spirit level bulbs to stick to the Tx and level it on that.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Aug 04, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)