SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2003, 01:59 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
Need plans scaled down...

Hello everyone!

Im planning to build a fanfold airwave sokhoi from plans. Mine will probly not be useing a large burshless motor like the hacker and 8 HE cells, rather some smaller Nimh and probly a smaller Mega motor or a Razor motor. I would like them scaled down to 75% if possible

Heres the plans http://www.theflyman2.rchomepage.com/Sukhoi6.pdf

If you can resize them for me, E-mail them to Thomasmanson@shaw.ca. Or upload them to the net and send me the link via hotmail at Thomasmanson212@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Nov 04, 2003 at 02:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:06 PM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
Hi Thomas

It's pretty hard to resize anything in a .pdf file. If it was in any other format like .bmp or .jpg or of course a .dxf I could help you out. Perhaps you could print off all 18 pages and take them to a copy shop and reduce the photocopies by 25%. That would work.
rogwinger is online now Find More Posts by rogwinger
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:11 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
Im sure ic an just build it full sized and get what i need for it. Johnathan's set-up in his DR-107 would surely work for it....

I can get these plans in a CAD format, is it possible to resize them and then convert the CAD files into like a full size JPEG?

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Nov 04, 2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:33 PM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
If you get whatever plans you want in Cad format they can easily be scaled to any size you want. These can then be printed out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and taped together or get them printed out on a large format printer. My printer will do 36" wide prints upto 50 feet long which will take care of most plans.
Some cad programs will allow you to import .jpg and .bmp pictures. These can then be scaled to the size required and printed as well, however the lines of the drawing will not be as crisp as a cad file.
Old Nov 05, 2003, 04:27 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Hey Thomas I have those plans as well and want to build a smaller version. If someone here knows how to shrink the plans down, please let us know. I would like to build this plane with a WS of about 680mm, using an IPS etc. Or if someone would be able to shrink the plans to this scale that would be even better. Thanks

Jason

Plans
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Nov 05, 2003, 07:33 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,687 Posts
Why don't you contact the author? His website is www.wherzog.de and his e-mail is mail@wherzog.de

That plane was designed for a Hacker B20 series motor. No scaling needed for Razor or Mega.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2003, 11:43 AM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
Blazin_Jason posted the link to the plans. I now have the .dxf file and can print it any size you want. Are you sure about the 680 mm wingspan? That gives you a 27 " fuselage and 240 sq. in wing area. Printed at that size I could mail those out for $6.00 U.S. just to cover printing and postage costs. Paypal me is about the easiest to: wingerr@shaw.ca
Last edited by rogwinger; Nov 05, 2003 at 11:54 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2003, 02:26 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Roger ya I want to build one of these planes with about a 27" wingspan. If you could size them down, then get them printed, I would pay for that. Also if you are able to, I wouldn't mind paying for a regualr sized set. If not the smaller will work out perfect. Thanks

Jason
Old Nov 05, 2003, 08:06 PM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
I can print both of these plans in the sizes you require for $15.00
Old Nov 05, 2003, 09:01 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,102 Posts
AdobeAcrobatPro can scale .dbf files very easily. Only problem is that is is very expensive. You can however download a 30 day trial and make your plans. When you go to the print option, you can set the scale you want.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 06, 2003, 12:55 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Hey Roger if I pay-payl you $15 to your pay-pal addy, I will get some plans sent to me? If so, I will pay-pal you. Thanks

Jason
Old Nov 06, 2003, 01:19 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,828 Posts
If you go to print in Acrobat, your printer may offer either a scale factor or a user defined paper size. These will work. An other trick is to print full size then use a photocopier set to 75%. still another way is to export the images as a jpg or other bitmap file from the full version of Acrobat. Then you can use many image editors to scale the image and print it.

Good luck,
Q
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2003, 11:35 AM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
Yes Jason. I take orders very seriously. If I ever did rip someone off my name would be mud all over the E-zone and that is not going to happen. I like hanging out here too much. All orders are sent as soon as possible. Usually that day or the very next morning. Depends if I make the 4:30 cutoff at the post office. Just make sure your address is correct and it's as good as done.

Roger
Last edited by rogwinger; Nov 06, 2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2003, 07:25 PM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
Jason, your plans are in the mail. Cool plane! I kinda like the little one. Looks like fun.
Old Nov 07, 2003, 12:30 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Thanks Roger! I'm going to build the little one and use that as my new night flyer. I wanted something that can do some acrobatics, and I wasn't going to be too upset if it ended up in pieces. Thanks again.

Jason