SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Feb 2007
544 Posts
Aliexpress Tomtop store shipped in the retail box, roughly $42 when I ordered, think it still is. Took a while though, may not be as fast as Banggood. The retail box is kind of nice for transporting it. The box was smaller than the 9958 box and fits everything nicely.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:13 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I don't think BG ships their RTF in retail boxes. The retail box is HUGE. It makes no sense if you saw it.
My V911 RTF i bought from banggood in april (I think) was in retail box, but that was a while ago.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:16 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Yeah I've seen it before, and it is needlessly large.
But, as I mentioned before, I'm silly about these sorts of things.
No box, No deal.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Jun 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Feb 2007
544 Posts
I didn't think the box was huge. Are we talking about the same RTF retail box? Cause I think I've seen different boxes, one from Firecabbage shows spot for another helicopter. Pretty sure it is smaller in every dimension than 9958 box.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:34 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
How should BNF's ship? I have one coming in a few days. I mean, are they (should they be) factory packaged?
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Feb 2007
544 Posts
box is Package size: 26 * 27 * 8.5cm (according to specs online) so using handy android tablet converter app = 10.23" * 10.6" * 3.35"

I can take pics of v911 box next to 9958 box if you want. I was quite pleased with V911 box. Corners got a little crushed on mine but not bad.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:00 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
How should BNF's ship? I have one coming in a few days. I mean, are they (should they be) factory packaged?
I just got a BNF from Banggood, and it came in a nice styrofoam container that had a cutout for the heli.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:08 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I just got a BNF from Banggood, and it came in a nice styrofoam container that had a cutout for the heli.
Thanks!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:20 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,264 Posts
Can the gyro be replaced?

Hate to admit it, killed another gyro today. (Know the symptoms well to be certain that is what it is.) To date, I believe no one here has posted a successful repair/replacement. (Of the gyro alone, not the board.)

Any ideas? (Other than to get another rx or BNF.) Thanks.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Hate to admit it, killed another gyro today. (Know the symptoms well to be certain that is what it is.) To date, I believe no one here has posted a successful repair/replacement. (Of the gyro alone, not the board.)

Any ideas? (Other than to get another rx or BNF.) Thanks.

You know gyros are a protected species and they should put you in jail with all the other poachers I never had a gyro issue so far on 3 V911's but I rarely fly them wothout the canopy like you do maybe you need to change your flying style or get a bigger office hehe
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:21 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
my bnf from bangood came in a retail box exactly like the rtf model but maybe now they are running out of boxes and using a different box for the bnf's
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:46 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
box is Package size: 26 * 27 * 8.5cm (according to specs online) so using handy android tablet converter app = 10.23" * 10.6" * 3.35"

I can take pics of v911 box next to 9958 box if you want. I was quite pleased with V911 box. Corners got a little crushed on mine but not bad.
I got mine in a completely different box, I reckon they have used lots of different boxes.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:47 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
I have to say you guys are hard on your V911s, and I can see the need for the BNFs. I have had very little trouble with mine, I broke a few main blades, broke a wire on a tail motor, broke one flybar, and lost a weight out of one, still have 3 good ones because I found the missing weight this afternoon. I still had the broken flybar so replaced the missing weight with one from that,. Now that I found the lost one I have 2 spare weights again

I fly mainly outdoors and over grass so I think that makes the difference. When I crash its much softer to hit the grass with the power off than to hit a wall, floor, or what ever other hard surface you find indoors.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:05 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I have to say you guys are hard on your V911s, and I can see the need for the BNFs. I have had very little trouble with mine, I broke a few main blades, broke a wire on a tail motor, broke one flybar, and lost a weight out of one, still have 3 good ones because I found the missing weight this afternoon. I still had the broken flybar so replaced the missing weight with one from that,. Now that I found the lost one I have 2 spare weights again

I fly mainly outdoors and over grass so I think that makes the difference. When I crash its much softer to hit the grass with the power off than to hit a wall, floor, or what ever other hard surface you find indoors.
Well a lot of the problems seem to be faults, like the crystal problem which a lot of people seem to be encountering.
I feel bad for the users who aren't on this thread and think its no good and chuck it when its such a simple problem, and fix.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:25 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I have to say you guys are hard on your V911s, and I can see the need for the BNFs. I have had very little trouble with mine,...I fly mainly outdoors and over grass so I think that makes the difference. When I crash its much softer to hit the grass with the power off than to hit a wall, floor, or what ever other hard surface you find indoors.
I've had quite a run in recent weeks; 1 x main motor, 1x tail motor, lost 2 x tail rotors, broke 1 set of main blades, split tail boom, and broke a flybar.

There is a reason for it though, repeated high speed crashes! Had one beauty at the weekend flying back over the house roof when hit by a downdraft. Slammed the heli into the roof, separated the canopy and battery, and al three pieces tumbled down onto the concrete! Absolute credit to the makers, put it back together, and kept flying. As many have said, these are tough little birds!

One thing I'm curious about: James Schen mentioned that the "latest" V911 could fly loops. As you guys start flying the new birds, I'd like to hear if this is now possible, and whether there is any other tricks they will now do.
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats