HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2013, 03:36 PM
Norway, Akershus, Aulifeltet
Joined Mar 2013
94 Posts
Help!
DJI NAZA problems after installing new landing gear

Hi,

I recently upgraded my quadcopter with a new landing gear. My quadcopter is now heavier than before.
I tried it today, but I experienced two different problems.

A. When yawing in GPS mode it drifts easily away from its position, and regains stability some seconds after yaw stop. It also seems like it doesn't hold it's GPS position as good as before. It drifts back and fourth.

B. I switched to failsafe (only auto land), it landed exactly where it should, but way too fast. The descending rate was to fast so it hit the ground too hard, and it flipped over.

All the gains are at 120%. I didn't change them after I installed the new landing gear. The voltage was at 3,4 pr cell when I flipped the switch to failsafe (voltage buzzer). I have the latest firmware 3.12.

So my questions are:

1. Will changing the vertical gain change anything with the auto landing in failsafe? (Increase for softer landings, maybe?)

2. Which parameters should i change, and in what direction for increasing stability when yawing, and holding GPS position?

3. Does anyone have a similar setup, and can share their settings? (This is a Storm FF drone - Like a upside down F-450 with 1100kv motors)

This is how it looks now:

This is how it looked before I changed landing gear:
kakemann is offline Find More Posts by kakemann
Last edited by kakemann; May 25, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts