SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2015, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.English View Post
Not real sure here but I want to say that was Lou Rodriguez, I do know the other one (light blue) is Clark "Buckwheat" Wades airplane, now that is one funny guy... he still calls me about every two months. When we made our big comeback on the AR6 version one which was a failure I also made him and Shadel a Rusty Ashley for the Phoenix Q40 race, Clark hadnt even flown a model for years so a Q40 was his first flight... we were putting hash marks on the wing every flight and I think he got to 9 before he hit the cut caller cage on landing... that was one fun race, need to do that again...
Not sure that is Lou, maybe Paul Benezra?
exf3bguy is online now Find More Posts by exf3bguy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2015, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by gspylon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
41 Posts
DK had it correct earlier, the Denight with the clown was Chuck Wahl's. It reminded me a lot of Jerry Boyce's Team Circus Circus Toni's from the late 70's/early 80's.
I remember Buckwheat's comeback, it was a classic!
gspylon is online now Find More Posts by gspylon
Old May 08, 2015, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by D.English
Hemet California
Joined Jul 2009
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspylon View Post
DK had it correct earlier, the Denight with the clown was Chuck Wahl's. It reminded me a lot of Jerry Boyce's Team Circus Circus Toni's from the late 70's/early 80's.
I remember Buckwheat's comeback, it was a classic!
Yes, Buckwheat makes me laugh so hard, on the trailer out to the line everybody is so quiet and Wheat pops up and shows the bottom of his plane where I had put "former NATIONAL champion" across his wing and he says, all you sons of b's better look out cuz I am gonna open a can up now... classic. Then on the line we would have to wait until the last second to start and he would bolt back to stand while I jammed the needle to the mark just so he had enough fuel to maybe finish the heat. By the end of the heat we were laughing so hard I dont know how he flew...
D.English is offline Find More Posts by D.English
Old May 08, 2015, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by speedfreak1
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Jan 2012
282 Posts
That's awesome!! He sounds like a real character! I hope you guys talk him into burnin some more nitro again!
speedfreak1 is offline Find More Posts by speedfreak1