Old Jun 20, 2015, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by Maverickk
Get It? - Got It!
Hawaii
Joined Oct 2007
596 Posts
Discussion
New TechOne Revolution

Has anyone see or flown or knows anything about this new plane? http://www.techonehobby.com/product/revolution/

Looks nice.
Maverickk is offline Find More Posts by Maverickk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2015, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by ahicks
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
2,876 Posts
Yup, I thought so too. Was kicking myself in the butt for having just taking delivery of a Yak replacement for one getting "tattered" to the point it needed to be replaced.

Then I noticed it was EPO, taking my interest factor to zero. Maybe some day they'll do an EPP version!
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Jun 20, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
836 Posts
Why not EPO? Easier to repair, stiffer, I think lighter too. I want MORE EPO frames. That foam is the greatest. I'm the opposite, trying not to buy anymore EPP planes.

Looks like a Multiplex Stuntmaster but with some cool thrust vectoring.
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
Why not EPO? Easier to repair, stiffer, I think lighter too.
EPO can be light, depends on how dense the EPO is & if the wing is built hollow. And can be much stiffer than the bid EPP planes.
Time to put the EPO myths to rest, things have moved on since the heavy EPO warbirds of 5 years ago.

With this plane, the promised Durafly Bravado & the new RocHobby 3D MXS EPO, I've got cash just dying to be spent on one of these :-)
Those 3 new EPO planes are Looking like a cheaper alternative to the Parkzone ArtiZan., More sport aerobatic then 3D ?
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by Maverickk
Get It? - Got It!
Hawaii
Joined Oct 2007
596 Posts
I found one video of someone sport flying it:
Revolution from Techone with Professional aerodynamics and removable unique wing design (1 min 50 sec)
Maverickk is offline Find More Posts by Maverickk
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:27 AM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
4,049 Posts
The pilot in that video is probably TechOne's chief designer. I contacted TechOne about 2 years ago and suggested that if they market a plane as a 3D plane then their video should show it flying 3D. I showed them an example of me 3D'ing one of their 3D planes that they had only sport -flown in their video. I didn't convince them at the time and it seems that noone has convinced them since then. They aren't doing themself any favours marketing a 3D plane and showing sport flying IMHO. The official video will likely end up embedded on many reseller sites, which will leave a lot of poeple wondering how well it flies 3D unless they start searching on the web for proper 3D flying videos of the plane.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:35 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
Why not EPO? Easier to repair, stiffer, I think lighter too. I want MORE EPO frames. That foam is the greatest. I'm the opposite, trying not to buy anymore EPP planes.

Looks like a Multiplex Stuntmaster but with some cool thrust vectoring.
Without getting into weight or other factors at the moment, my take on EPO is that it shatters, much like balsa, when it hit's something hard enough to break it. You're saying that's not true?

EPP in comparison, when it breaks, it's more of a tear, or worst case, maybe a couple of them. You push the broken halves together, hit it with CA, and go flying again just minutes later. Can't get much simpler.

I get the fact there are trade offs going EPP, considering only crash survival and "repairibility" at the moment.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,320 Posts
Depends on whether you are buying a plane to crash well or fly well. But also, nothing non durable or repair resistant about a good EPO plane. They typically scoff off minor mishaps and are super easy to fix from most more moderate injuries.
Edit to add: It never ceases to amaze me how the balsa builders in our club come out on this. I see balsa crashed on a regular basis into what looks like a total write off to me, but the same guy shows up next week with the same plane that looks like brand new - much better looking than any foamy after repair of a hard crash. So I've decided that if I would or could learn how to do it, the most repairable might well be balsa.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 21, 2015, 07:57 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,876 Posts
Second thought on original post. Never mind. I'm curious enough to open a new topic. I'll post the EPO vs EPP question there.

new topic - EPO vs. EPP repair
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post31954650
Last edited by ahicks; Jun 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2009
836 Posts
EPO rules the day, get a EPP foamie and learn how to fly, then step into EPO when done crashing every other flight. I do find that EPO flies better and glues better. It breaks clean rather than the flexible sponge like EPP.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by corsair214
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
419 Posts
techone

i would buy several techone planes if it was from someone else in the USA. won't waste my time with outofstock.com oops nitroplanes..
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Old Sep 04, 2015, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,836 Posts
http://www.motionrc.com/techone-revo...-wingspan-pnp/
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Sep 04, 2015, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,836 Posts
Techone Hobby Revolution - InBox About & Flight Review (15 min 8 sec)
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Sep 05, 2015, 12:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
836 Posts
nuf said.
Last edited by iadamz; Sep 05, 2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2015, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by PeterDale
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2015
255 Posts
I wrote to TechOne headquarters 8 days ago asking where i can buy a Thunder 180 or a Sbach 342 VT.

I,m still waiting a reply, seems they like to design planes but are not big on selling them.
PeterDale is offline Find More Posts by PeterDale
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)