Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:39 AM
FM
Find More Posts by FM
FM
No Static
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
1,503 Posts
Heck....we have lots of land around here too. To bad it's reservation. I like the idea of where you live though.
I describe my " this would be my best ever day" this way.... early morning rc flying....folllowed by a light brunch. ...two tank dive with my dive buddy wife...head to the pool for adult beverages...enjoy a sunset while dining....head out for a nighttime drift dive.

That would be a great day! I have not figured out how to get my planes to the bahamas. Maybe I just need to dream bigger!!
FM is online now Find More Posts by FM
Old Feb 13, 2016, 02:28 AM
Find More Posts by Shirty
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
3,710 Posts
Does your wife have a dive buddy sister? Need company for your Bahamas trip? Ring 1-900-dialaaussiemate. Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back. (Well, not your money back...but I'll happily shout ya a beer or two as thanks for the trip...) Sounds like my kinda day.
Shirty is online now Find More Posts by Shirty
Last edited by Shirty; Feb 13, 2016 at 03:16 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 04:24 AM
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
Does your wife have a dive buddy sister? Need company for your Bahamas trip? Ring 1-900-dialaaussiemate. Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back. (Well, not your money back...but I'll happily shout ya a beer or two as thanks for the trip...) Sounds like my kinda day.
Huh. Go figure. That 1900 number is mine...
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Feb 13, 2016, 07:27 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
3,710 Posts
Lol
Old Feb 13, 2016, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
7,141 Posts
Count me in . Love the Aussie ladies

Will airbrush her right up.
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Old Feb 13, 2016, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
7,183 Posts
I don't think the "No Camera rule" is legal or even enforceable. Do they mean no"FPV"? If it is a public place and worse government property without special military status the Constitution makes it perfectly legal. Tell them to ban Google Earth.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 13, 2016, 09:50 AM
Joined Mar 2009
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I don't think the "No Camera rule" is legal or even enforceable. Do they mean no"FPV"? If it is a public place and worse government property without special military status the Constitution makes it perfectly legal. Tell them to ban Google Earth.
Apparently it's the clubs local rule and is also connected with a requirement in order to have the field there by the local city of Gilbert and the near by residents. Just a simple case of Paranoia and Local BS I guess

I do agree....doesn't make much sense and they are an AMA sanctioned field. but that is their rules....as discouraging as they are.

It's their rules and I respect that, it just does not invite or encourage me to want to fly there.
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 13, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM View Post
No brandon I just learned of that field today. A guy named tim just told me about it ...will probably see you soon! My field was a private field I shared with 10 other people. Mostly they fly large gas...me and 3 others were electric. Gifted land from a rancher....we did have a lot of blood sweat and materials poured into it. Hopefully we will get to move it. It was great while it lasted!

I live at warner and val Vista so....your field is nearby. The old rodeo grounds was a mile south of me but before my time in this hobby. I do fly mostly 3d...just don't always fit in when you try to keep it low and close. I can go back to streetside at elliot and central church on germann....gravel is tough on my wheel pants. I am buying a drag so I can smooth that parking lot. Hope to run into you sometime!
Me too. I've been practicing a little 3D with my SBach and my micro eflite Viking biplane, not very good at though....lol hopefully we will meet up soon and you can give me some pointers
Old Feb 13, 2016, 07:28 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
3,710 Posts
Fm is a good bloke Brandon, and is pretty decent on the sticks for 3D. (Just don't let him do inverted harriers next to the pits.... Lol, just stirring fm mate ). I'm sure if this sort of flying is starting to interest you, fm would be a good dude to go fly with and get some tips. I love my warbirds, but I really enjoy my 3D. A lot of 3D tricks are just knowing how to set it up to get into it (like a ke spin), or what inputs are required to keep it going. Having an experienced 3D dude help me when I was learning 3D was invaluable. Now I'm considered one of the best 3D pilots at my club, and fm is better at 3D than I am, so you could do far worse than get him to give you a hand.

Ps: highly recommend skywing as a great 3D practice plane. Had them for years, and they come in 38, 48, and 55 sizes. (Pic below of mine and one of my mates at the start of a practice session at the park). They are also starting to make balsas with a highly anticipated 61 slick coming out in June, thread below. Extremely well priced, (a 48 will set you back about $100 USA money), and short of a ef or 3dhs balsa, are about the best 3D performers I've seen in a foamy. Highly recommend them. I believe you get them in the USA from wattaplane. We buy ours from best value RC, (all my 3D mates have at least one skywing), and they do ship to the USA for a very reasonable cost. Hobby King also get skywing to make one for them and rebrand it hobbyking, but it's the same plane and is the 48 edge. There's vid on my blog of my mates maiden with the 55, and me flying my 38 to give you a bit of an idea. Hope it helps buddy.

http://www.bestvaluerc.com/shop/shop...yproducts.asp?

id=27&cat=%2D%2D%2D+Skywing+EPP+Kits

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2525770

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727542
Last edited by Shirty; Feb 13, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 07:48 PM
FM
Find More Posts by FM
FM
No Static
Joined Mar 2012
1,503 Posts
Thanks shirty and I dId earn the inverted harrier dumb thumbed award. You may have met bigalsunit somewhere on one these threads. He was and still is that guy for me that helped me learn a few moves or stick positions. Bone doc videos and Michael wargo sure have been played over and over by me. Yep....I still light up my real flight too.

Brandon we will fly together soon....this is a humbling how hobby and there are some amazing fliers to learn from. I can't give advice but I can show what works for me!
FM is online now Find More Posts by FM
Old Feb 13, 2016, 08:00 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
3,710 Posts
Yep know big al, docs and mikes vids are also really good. Docs an extremely good bloke as you know, and I've learnt a fair bit from him over the years. And yeah, I still fire up Phoenix to get my fix or practice new stuff. Anyway whoops, looks like I'm turning this into a 3D thread, sorry fellas. Move along... Nothing to see here.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
5,099 Posts
Just found this ...mixed feelings .. looks and sounds awesome ..but.. who would pull that airframe away from its heritage ..
Long Nose P-51 engine start. (0 min 53 sec)

Long Nose P-51Taxi (0 min 29 sec)
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Feb 16, 2016, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Ace High
Terror of the Skies
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2013
827 Posts
Well if you have a spare 500,000 floating around for the turbine ...

Probably a boost in performance but yeah...Why?
Ace High is offline Find More Posts by Ace High
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by Sideslip
United States, MI, Parchment
Joined May 2004
2,544 Posts
Wow FM that sucks

I just read about your losing your flying field to the State for dirt pile usage. That really sucks.

Don't know who I feel sorryer for you or me. I know you'll find a new field to fly from, and it's probably not a real big deal to you.

I on the other hand had just returned from indoor flying on Saturday. I was carrying some micro aircraft in boxes back down to the shop in my basement. Had wet feet from snow, and then I slipped on the way down the stairs. Landed on my back on a stair tread and it knocked the wind out of me. The adrenalin kicked in when I found myself at the bottom of the stairs. I finished putting the planes away and made it back up stairs to collapse on the couch. I've now been to the Doctor and to the hospital for X-rays. So far it looks like just bad bruising, but I haven't heard back from the doc about the X-rays yet. Today is the first day I can stand to sit up for more than a few minutes. Hopefully in less than a month I'll be up and running again. Fingers crossed.

Real sorry to hear about your loss of that field. That was a great place to fly.

Bert
Sideslip is offline Find More Posts by Sideslip