HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2002, 07:23 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Results of ailerions on undercambered slow fly wing ??

Hi.

I was wondering if it was a bad idea to add ailerions to a undercambered slow fly wing? The model is the robbe bucker jungmiester. 30" W.S. sp300 motor designed for rudder & elevator control. http://at.robbe-online.net/cgi-bin/r....storefront/en

Id like to be able to do rolls with her, but if its inverted capabilities are bad because of the wing profile, I will scrape the idea.

Thanks before hand.

Mike
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2002, 09:53 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Can't say for sure about the Jungmeister but I have a Robbe Stearman PT-17 that is kinda similar. I added ailerons to mine and it flies well. Will fly okay without using the rudder but the turns are prettier when coordinated. Am using the HL Acro 350 drive (with the 300 motor)

It loops and rolls great but when in inverted flight does lose a bit of altitude.

I removed almost all the dihedral and added fishing line flying wires to mine.

The only problem I've had is the styro fuse seems a little weak and I have two cracks in it. One from a landing when the LVC caught me by surprise and the other from a last second pullup/save from a screaming 45 degree inverted dive after a failed roll.

BC

check out

my Stearman
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase