HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2013, 12:03 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,546 Posts
sorry - could not get to the photos today - too busy playiing with the 3.5 meter Sage (center Pin) on the Vedder river
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
Freund
United States, CA, Moorpark
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
After putting termite like trails squiggling all over a Sharon tip panel, I poured a lot boiling water on it with some results but finally streamed it into almost unnoticeable shape.
However the resin shrank a little showing the fabric weave of the surface layer of glass. I am quite happy with the tradeoff but avoiding silly damage is my now preferred method.

The first photos shows the area in question in extreme raking light and you can see the sparcap here. Photo 2 shows a more normal way to examine the surface.
It is almost not visible in normal lighting. Maybe seems a little duller but doesn't grab attention.

This was 10 square inches of damage. Probably best to leave small dents alone.
ArfcDave is offline Find More Posts by ArfcDave
Old Oct 07, 2013, 11:27 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2005
357 Posts
D,
Once you fix these, I know this guy that makes these bitchin' boxes that are bullet proof......
BK

PS-You were missed.........
belouder is offline Find More Posts by belouder
Old Oct 08, 2013, 12:06 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,546 Posts
You have to give me some highlights dude ! However, staying behind was good for the business model. I also managed to kill some salmon on the weekend so it was not a total loss.

I am gearing up for J in December now.
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution