HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2014, 02:55 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin View Post
This is a long shot but in my case it was the two studs that had come lose and actually made the motor axle resonate/vibrate. I simply repositioned the motoraxle and replaced the studs with ordinary screws (to enable simple tightening).
Thanks for the suggestion. That had happened to mine as well before this issue started. I reinserted the axle and tightened the retainers. It was a couple of flights later that it started stuttering.

I've just discovered the the stator on this motor is really quite loose. I'm guessing this will be rotating when the stuttering happens. I wonder if it's worth putting some blue threadlock on the tube the stator sits on?

Any suggestions would be very welcome. I'm not used to disassembling motors!
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hexham
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
My New CYM

A leisurely build with some mods, will maiden next week when the schools are back & the gym available. I have a Sbach 342 RC factory 36Ē foamy that Iíve been flying for some time, when I bought it I got a spare set of small parts and have used some of these to modify the CYM.
1. Iíve used the fibreglass firewall (Iím a clumsy flyer & need all the front end strength I can get)
2. I shortened the aileron control rods from the pack and CYíd them to the LG flat CF to produce a more robust LG
3. I whipped (as all good boy scouts know how) the aileron extension part to the servo arm with dental floss and kicked CY
4. Following Jamieís advice Iíve stuck fluffy Velcro to the LG & tail skid to aid polished floor landings and takeoffs.

Iím looking forward to getting it into the air.
AUW 95g with a 300maH 2s Lipo
ESC 6 Amp
Prop 7 x 3.5
Motor D1811 2000kv.
gr4ndp4 is offline Find More Posts by gr4ndp4
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:10 PM
Kansas City, MO
Joined Jan 2000
696 Posts
If you did not run the extra carbon reinforcement thru the slot in the fuse then they will brake right there at the fuse. The weak spot is at the fuse. Glue a 2 inch section to double the gear legs in that area, wrap with thread, thin ca and you are good to go. One inch of carbon on either side of the fuse. Mine has crashed many times with this mod and no more breaky.
Jerry Brown is offline Find More Posts by Jerry Brown