HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2014, 03:14 AM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
853 Posts
She's a big beautiful bird! The rest of the electronics come in tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to maiden this weekend.

TwoHeadsBrewing is online now Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyhunter FPV Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:27 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,194 Posts
Clean build. Good job.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Apr 16, 2014, 07:00 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
853 Posts
Thanks! I'm loving all the room inside. I never thought I'd say this, but now it seems like the Skywalker fuselage just isn't big enough!

Question for you guys: Do you just mount the tail so that the carbon booms are flush with the plastic connectors? And just for clarification, I'm talking about the tail end of the booms.
TwoHeadsBrewing is online now Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyhunter FPV Build
Old Yesterday, 04:08 AM
Powerplant Engineer
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Mar 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcopter007fpv View Post
how are people doing the ele servo wire, 2 connections and leaving the wire inside one boom ?
im not sure how i want to approach this ,
I have one wire from the servo to the end of the tail boom rod, one connection there, second wire through the wing and another connection at the wing. I wanted to have both wings with only one connector each (d-Sub). You can check pictures in my build thread (in german language) at http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...icht-Skyhunter

Best regards,
Phil
HankMoody is offline Find More Posts by HankMoody
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Qatar
Joined Feb 2011
70 Posts
motor choise

I am building my skyhunter and have a spare 600kv motor. Has anybody any experience flying the hunter with a 600kv motor and 14 inch prop?

Thanks
bvuaemal is offline Find More Posts by bvuaemal
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post

Question for you guys: Do you just mount the tail so that the carbon booms are flush with the plastic connectors? And just for clarification, I'm talking about the tail end of the booms.
Yes carbon booms should be flush.
CambriaHobby is online now Find More Posts by CambriaHobby
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
She's a big beautiful bird! The rest of the electronics come in tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to maiden this weekend.

in that case we are both going to maiden this weekend. the rest of my electronics get here on saturday. maiden the same day. good luck !
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2007
2,194 Posts
whats up fellow skyhunter pilots. I got a rare day off today and i hit up the beach for some fun. Unfortunately winds were in the 15-20mph range but it didn't stop me. Here is my video!

Skyhunter - Beach Front (6 min 28 sec)
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, George Town
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvuaemal View Post
I am building my skyhunter and have a spare 600kv motor. Has anybody any experience flying the hunter with a 600kv motor and 14 inch prop?

Thanks
No experience with a 600kv but I use a 700kv and 14x7. Pulls slightly more amps at full throttle than the motor is rated for (will eventually switch out to a scorpion 3026-710) but I don't fly at full. A lot quieter than when I was using the 13x6.5. I cruise around 35mph pulling 5 to 9 amps. No issues with launching either, just set launch mode on the MFD autopilot, throttle up and it pulls itself out of my hand. After a 30min flight, the motor is moderately cool and according to the MFD I had only used 3100mah. I did not do a full charge to see what the charger would put back just went straight to a storage charge.. Thats with two 4s 5000.

Low kv and huge props are not necessary on the SH, most of the guys on here are running 11 to 12 props. Run what you have, the SH's "envelope" is wide.
kman Raptor is offline Find More Posts by kman Raptor
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvuaemal View Post

Thanks
I'd just be really careful if you are "overhead" hand-launching with a 14" prop. Had a guy nail a couple of his fingers launching over on the Phantom thread here a couple days ago and it wasn't pretty totally different (of coarse) if you are running gear. Be safe!
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2007
2,194 Posts
Even with a 12" prop i get scared of launching my skyhunter lol.