HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
It seems, you do the first flyght this we...so.....???
Haflinger1 is offline Find More Posts by Haflinger1
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Jul 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haflinger1 View Post
It seems, you do the first flyght this we...so.....???
I'm sorry - I don't understand.

James
Doc James H is offline Find More Posts by Doc James H
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
Sorry for my bas english!
I m waiting for news about thé Hurricane , i heard that this week-end Mr Fu did his first test flight with his NEW hurricane ,ans he Will start thé production ....i hope ..!
Christophe.
Haflinger1 is offline Find More Posts by Haflinger1
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:05 AM
China, Zhejiang
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
So cool!
Henry Yang is offline Find More Posts by Henry Yang
Last edited by Henry Yang; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
Shiok Lah
The little red dot
Joined Sep 2007
406 Posts
Subscribed!

Hambone,
...color scheme and estimated price ?
Ghostfit is offline Find More Posts by Ghostfit
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
Subscribed!

Hambone,
...color scheme and estimated price ?
Hi All - Hurricane is now in the final stages of qualification.

The prototypes have flown, the layup tweaks have been made, 5 pre-production testers have been ordered and are in the process of making.

Tony will give an upate but I am guessing we'll be taking orders around the end of ths month all being well.

I'll publish some photos of the prototypes with thier colour scheme - which by the way came from Matin.

As to price, I am not sure if it has been worked out by Tony yet, but we will not be talking limb amputation.

Basically you will get Typhoon, but revitailized with a longer nose for easier radio install and less overall weight for better overall performance.

Other improvements include:

Choice of servo direct elevator or pushrod type, all the bugs gone, stronger, lighter, with an F3F sized wing joiner - and available in Carbon wing DS versions too.

E version is on the cards for early in the new year.

Tony will provide an update soon I am sure.

Cheers,

James.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:27 PM
Shiok Lah
The little red dot
Joined Sep 2007
406 Posts
Will be following this closely.

Just committed to a Schwing 88 so can afford to wait for this to get mainstream.
Ghostfit is offline Find More Posts by Ghostfit
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Jul 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
Will be following this closely.

Just committed to a Schwing 88 so can afford to wait for this to get mainstream.
Hey Casper,

As is rapidly becoming our custom, we have ordered 5 pre-production test planes which will be flown, tweaked, flown, tweaked, etc.

When we are both satisfied - and it's looking good right now, the Hurricane will be on sale from Sloperacer.

An electric version with some very neat tricks is also in the design stages right now and geared to swing (sorry) into being fast.

Cheers,

JH
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:10 AM
Braunton, North Devon, England
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc James H View Post
Basically you will get Typhoon, but revitailized with a longer nose for easier radio install
Does this mean that a sensible low-self discharge battery pack, eg LSD NiMH or LiFe/lipo will fit?

I'm new to mouldies (only have Tomcat and Dorado), and what annoyed me most about the two I have, especially the Tomcat (and I don't care who is supposed to bear the blame, RCRCM or James), was the lack of battery installation space. What I'd like to use is a 4.8V AA low self-discharge NiMH.

With the weather we've had during the past couple of years limiting flying opportunities, being able to charge batteries immediately after a flying session, and have them still charged and ready to go when a sudden clearance in the weather occurs would be helpful.

If this aspect doesn't get fixed in future designs, then I guess both James and Tony will be culpable

Gordon
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Shropshire
Joined Jan 2005
465 Posts
In the sort of planes your looking at Gordon I dont think your going to find anything changing soon ....best move onto another battery chemistry Life or Lipo
Andy_b is offline Find More Posts by Andy_b
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:27 PM
Santa Clara CA
Joined Sep 2010
226 Posts
Gordon why bother, A 4 cell NiMH 1600 mA is more than enough for a great day of sloping, cost about $12USD & is easily/cheaply charged.
M Johnson is offline Find More Posts by M Johnson
Last edited by M Johnson; Nov 20, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:41 PM
Braunton, North Devon, England
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
The last time the rain stopped long enough, to let me get up our slope with a favourable wind to fly the Dorado, I easily went through most of the 1600 battery capacity in less than a couple of hours and regretted not having a second battery. To me, R/C flying has always meant doing lots of aerobatics. I fly the Tomcat the same way and I'd like a 2300 battery for peace of mind.

The Dorado has just enough accessibility to allow battery changes, but exchanging the battery in the Tomcat is not possible without disturbing the Rx and wiring too much.

The two slopers I have, and the one that's the subject of this thread, are only sport planes, albeit high performance ones, so there's no excuse for trading off accessibility just for style.
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:59 PM
Paonia, Colorado
Joined Sep 2004
2,351 Posts
I have a Typhoon and 3 other similar planes, and I fly each for an hour or so, even with 2100mah batteries. Rotating each while the last one charges, I can make a full day even in the best wind and weather. I usually run out of time before milliamps.........
Mike Furcolow is offline Find More Posts by Mike Furcolow
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
The last time the rain stopped long enough, to let me get up our slope with a favourable wind to fly the Dorado, I easily went through most of the 1600 battery capacity in less than a couple of hours and regretted not having a second battery. To me, R/C flying has always meant doing lots of aerobatics. I fly the Tomcat the same way and I'd like a 2300 battery for peace of mind.

The Dorado has just enough accessibility to allow battery changes, but exchanging the battery in the Tomcat is not possible without disturbing the Rx and wiring too much.

The two slopers I have, and the one that's the subject of this thread, are only sport planes, albeit high performance ones, so there's no excuse for trading off accessibility just for style.
If you look at the replies Gordon, there is no need to change or to trade off accessibilty for style.

I don't think there ever was, and so I don't think I could be deemed a culprit for not making a plane just to suit your style. Everyone else seems to like them.

Having said that, the Dorado (Vec IV Study) was never meant to be a plane, - it was made just a design study, that RCRCM promised not to put into production.

The Tame Cat (Not my name) or Wildfire as I called it, was completely changed except for the wing planform and any advantages it had were designed out - so again I'm not the culprit.

I can't really be held responsible over:

a) a problem that seems to be isolated to say the least,
b) a problem that is apparently present on planes that I strongly disclaim rsponsibility for.

I'd buy a different battery that fits and can be used, or buy one of the planes that I have designed recently and everyone has said has "A strightforward" radio installation. The Hurricane, for example, has a much longer nose and so an easier radio install and battery change than the Typhoon for instance.

Cheers,

James.
Last edited by Doc James H; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:22 PM.