HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 04:19 PM
K4UAV
Miami, FL
Joined Jul 2003
1,748 Posts
Discussion
Possible corrections required in new manual

pg 26 ref channel reverse, "reversed - futaba" should read "reverse channels 1-4 for futaba" I say this because for most common installations, switch up means on and switch down means off (like a common US light switch). If you reverse it like mentioned in the manual, up would be off and down would be on according to the indications in setup menu when the flight controller is connected to a computer.

pg 83 quick start guide, section 4, bullet 9, "auto level" should read "altitude hold" I say this because auto level is mentioned in bullet 8 as "main gain". From my understanding, the negative value of channel 5 is "main gain" and the positive value of channel 5 is "auto level" gain. Channel 6 is "altitude hold".

pg 66 5.7.2.1 How to reduce Drift when using Auto-Level function At some point in the flow chart, should I not set my trims on my transmitter back to neutral? If not, when in non auto leveling mode, ie manual mode, I am going to drift whereas before I moved the trims I did not.

If I am correct on the above, I'll post more as I see them. Please advise.

-dave
dalbert02 is offline Find More Posts by dalbert02
Last edited by dalbert02; May 19, 2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: additions
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
K4UAV
Miami, FL
Joined Jul 2003
1,748 Posts
Not a correction, but a suggestion. In addition to listing +/-25 as initial start values, please list what that value should be in the setup program menu. It would be very nice if you listed the exact μs pulse width the controller is expecting to see to remove any ambiguity about pos/neg value and or channel reversal(s). I think most of us probably have servo testers that display channel pulse values. Thank you.

Here is an example of, in my opinion, ambiguity:

pg 57 " According to Fig. 13, when the Channel 5 or Primary Gain switch is in the negative position then the Auto-Leveling Mode is disabled and a Primary Gain of 25 is used by the HoverCore™ algorithm. When the Primary Gain switch is in the positive position the Auto-Level Mode is enabled and a Primary gain of 25 is used. "

Also, it is stated, "...you should verify that the Auto Level Gain and Primary Gain Values are equal"

If they were truly equal, movement of the switch would have no effect as the pulse train would be the same regardless of switch position. Perhaps you mean, equal but opposite in value such as +25 and -25? Ideally, perhaps also listed as 125μs and 75μs?
-dave
dalbert02 is offline Find More Posts by dalbert02
Last edited by dalbert02; May 19, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: italics and bold for emphasis
Old May 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave. I have compiled them and forwarded them to our technical team for the next revision of the Users' Guide. I also provided a link back to this thread for reference in case you have any additional comments or suggestions.
hoverben is offline Find More Posts by hoverben
Old May 21, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
220 Posts
"pg 66 5.7.2.1 How to reduce Drift when using Auto-Level function At some point in the flow chart, should I not set my trims on my transmitter back to neutral? If not, when in non auto leveling mode, ie manual mode, I am going to drift whereas before I moved the trims I did not. "

I believe the above statement is wrong. You set your trims while in auto level to get level flight in that mode. Keep it in auto level, unplug battery, change to normal mode on transmitter, power back up, LEAVE TRIMS WHERE THEY ARE and fly in normal mode.

Normal mode reads the trim settings and assumes from that point on that these trim settings are the new "neutral" settings. When you switch to auto level the trims are used.

This has caused many people lots of confusion, but, it works!
Dbasileccim is offline Find More Posts by Dbasileccim
Old May 21, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
673 Posts
Not relating to manual. But on the setup application, there are spelling errors in the osd setting.
unfaix is online now Find More Posts by unfaix