HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Mine has been shipped too but like you not sure if that's shipped from Shenzen or Sheffield. lol! (I don't actually know where either business is located by the way)
Maybe the shipping process could be made a little clearer on ALL the distributors websites as it is something that would probably have an influence on someone's decision to buy or not. Instead all you have in the small print is that
(you as the purchaser are liable for any import taxes etc etc)
At a guess I would say its probably coming from idea fly but I'm sure someone will put us straight.

Off out this morning to buy myself a balance charger at a local hobby store maybe one of these.

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/default...d=O-SKYCHB6PAC

and to see what other goodies they have, knowing my luck my ifly will turn up while I'm out.
Good point Dog,
".. as it is something that would probably have an influence on someone's decision to buy or not.."
Absolutely right..
Having been "burned" more than once by foreign merchants, I for one am very apprehensive and cautious when it comes to ordering merchandise from Co's outside the USA.. In fact, this will be the 1st time in years that I have ordered anything from overseas merchants..

"..Sheffield or Shetzen"? Ummmm.. I found out the Co. you and I ordered from is actually in Croatia.. go figure huh, and here I thought I was ordering from someplace in the UK, GB or such..
Im still inclined to believe our orders might be coming from Shetzen/Idea-Fly, but Joe hasnt responded to that yet..

Either way, I want to continue believing that both "Joe"/Idea-Fly and the Co. we ordered from are reputable, honorable -and we won't be disappointed..

Here's what I got for a charger from my local hobbystore..

http://www.hobbywarehouse.com/DTXDTX...FRQcnAodTSEAVQ

But now after reading other posts on the subject, maybe I should have gotten the 4-port charger..

MATT >
Kind of interesting that you can't even find a replacement canopy..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about not having a four port charger to much as you could always use a Parallel charging board,as long as you know what your doing and stick to how your meant to use them you should be good,if your unsure how to use them there are a few threads on how to use them,might save you money instead of going out and buying another charger.

They also make them with different plugs on them,like deans,EC3,XT60 and so on,just thought i'd say as people are talking about charges so sorry for going off topic.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onnector_.html
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
---- Buy a couple of Nano Tec 3300 packs, they work really well, and even with a GoPro and mount I'm getting 13 minute flights.----
Matt
Matt, I remember seeing this further back in the thread and it just occurred to me that I should probably invest in some additional batteries while waiting for my new IFly to arrive..
So, would you still recommend these?.. I'd love to get at least 10mins airtime..
Im also presuming you're referring to these, right?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Cheers!
Rick~
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
I wouldn't worry to much about not having a four port charger to much as you could always use a Parallel charging board,as long as you know what your doing and stick to how your meant to use them you should be good,if your unsure how to use them there are a few threads on how to use them,might save you money instead of going out and buying another charger.

They also make them with different plugs on them,like deans,EC3,XT60 and so on,just thought i'd say as people are talking about charges so sorry for going off topic.
Excellent 411, Thanks Star- !!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:08 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS88 View Post
Matt, I remember seeing this further back in the thread and it just occurred to me that I should probably invest in some additional batteries while waiting for my new IFly to arrive..
So, would you still recommend these?.. I'd love to get at least 10mins airtime..
Im also presuming you're referring to these, right?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Cheers!
Rick~
They are the ones Rick, but 3s not 4s. (For the IFLY-4 that is)

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinDuke View Post
That is dangerous for your reputation.
If you have frames in stock with lesser quality they should be scrapped not put out on the market.

Hi PinDuke

it just softer ,and when we sell this frame we will tell the truth to them ,so please don't worry about the reputation ,we are a honest company! and have about 200 pcs in stock ( old material frame)
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Joe from IFLY. Any chance you could sell me a canopy? I have lost mine, it fell off in flight.

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt

You can order from hobbyking too ,or our other distributors
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Hey joe
Hi Mike ,you can order the IFLY-4S now ,but the GPS still haven't available yet! need more time to test
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hi Mike ,you can order the IFLY-4S now ,but the GPS still haven't available yet! need more time to test
Is it correct that to enable the GPS you will release a software update but the hardware is already installed on the 4s or are these functions going to be optional extras that we will have to buy and fit ourselves?
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Is it correct that to enable the GPS you will release a software update but the hardware is already installed on the 4s or are these functions going to be optional extras that we will have to buy and fit ourselves?
Hi ,pigdogstix

The GPS and 2 axis camera mount are sold separately ,that means you can choose to buy the GPS or 2 axis camera mount or not . of cause we will release the software update .
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:57 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hi PinDuke

it just softer ,and when we sell this frame we will tell the truth to them ,so please don't worry about the reputation ,we are a honest company! and have about 200 pcs in stock ( old material frame)
Hi Joe,

I think you failed to see my point.

Even though you mention to the hobby shops that they are buying old frames the end customer will probably not know this. And if they find that the frames breaks easier, which I suppose they do since you decided to change material, this might result in bad reviews.
Customers might say to friends or write on forums “-Do not buy the IFLY it breaks easy” not realizing that the frames they have are not the same and not as good as the frames currently being sold.

If it was my company I would be very careful about my brand name and not put stuff on the market that might damage my future business opportunity.
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Ukraine, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast, Dnipropetrovs'k
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Does anyone know what this connector?
Name: DSC_0080.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 155.3 KB
Description:
bigor is offline Find More Posts by bigor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
I see lots of good information on this thread, but have had a bummer day with my new ifly4, after only 4 flights, when you spool it up, it starts to go crazy and the throttle jumps way up and it inverts itself to the left right on its top.. I have gone back to step 1 and reloaded everything including the firmware, even reprogrammed my DX-8 and went through the rebinding process for the receiver..When you connect the quad to the computer, everything checks out.. Could it be the flight controller is shot...Is there anyway to check the FC to make sure? THanks for any and all assistance..
Vern1960 is offline Find More Posts by Vern1960
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:25 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
343 Posts
I have just started flying my IFly 4 Quad and experienced the same thing. For me it was "pilot error" as I forgot to check my mode switch and it was actually in "altitude hold" condition.

Once I picked up the overturned quad and disarmed it (luckily without losing MY arm) I re-set the switch and it flew fine. I have since changed my mode switch (JR9503 Heli radio) from AUX 2 position (switch on the front of the Xmitter case) to the 3 position idle-up switch at the top left side of the Tx. This is more familiar to me as I fly helis as well.

Make sure you check all your switch positions before powering up and arming the Quad. Just my experiences....
Sundayflyer32 is online now Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:38 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS88 View Post
Excellent 411, Thanks Star- !!
No worries MJS as we are all in this hobby together,i've learnt loads from these forums and if i can pass on a little 411 (information) now and then all the better.

Vern i've got the Ifly-4 and using my DX8 and i haven't had any issues that you speak touch wood,but as Sundayflyer has said just recheck everything again,make sure you have it in auto level mode and to be honest i could have all three modes set up on my DX8 but i just went for auto level and altitude hold modes,i haven't tried the altitude hold as of yet but i have read people on this thread having problems with it if using in side like there living room.
When your in auto level mode i think i'm right in saying you should get two flashes on the LED's to comfirm it.

Having said that i've watch a video on the Tube were someone is inside some building showing the altitude mode,here i'll post a video of it,but i won't try that until i've tried it outside and i'm more use to my quad.

Sooohobby ifly-4 quadcopter altitude hold Indoor flying.flv (5 min 26 sec)
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Last edited by startazz; Dec 01, 2012 at 04:44 PM.