HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
6,658 Posts
Regarding the issue of left and backward sway when flying with the 6 axis gyro, I suspect it has to do with the fact that the heli, given it's small size, is probably tilted slightly when hovering and the gyro won't register it. I suspect using angled spacers to mount the circuit board on an angle accordingly might solve this problem. Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure theses gyros can be tricked with clever mounting.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:52 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,448 Posts
I'll dp a review of 6 axis with Devo 6

I am also basically a beginner CP pilot.

I can fly a CP BUT by no means am I a 3D pilot
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:53 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
No heli is indestructible. We all know that. The thread starter "DLY" only has 6 posts and all of them are about product. So I have to think he is a vendor or somehow related. Hasn't been heard from since...Hmmm. In a bigger picture thingy, it is a nice starter thread for the heli and it does catch your scanning internet eyes using the word "indestructible". LOL.
If it was the least indestructible micro then I could see stretching the truth, because it is the best; however, I don't think it has it been proven yet that it is more crash resistant than the mCP which is propably what it will compared against.

I put a high value on honesty. Signs of dishonesty, immediately turn me off.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:59 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,448 Posts
I imagine its tougher than the MCP being that its lighter; I find my MCPX not that durable to be honest; BUT mine flies like its on crack so I am biased lol.

Now

as far as using 6 axis gyro.

I am assuming, its just a matter of clicking on the 6 axis switch on the heli's logic board, or do you need to do something with TX as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
If it was the least indestructible micro then I could see stretching the truth, because it is the best; however, I don't think it has it been proven yet that it is more crash resistant than the mCP which is propably what it will compared against.

Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:24 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
as far as using 6 axis gyro.

I am assuming, its just a matter of clicking on the 6 axis switch on the heli's logic board, or do you need to do something with TX as well?
That's correct; it's just a little dip switch on the board.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:25 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,448 Posts
okay easy enough

I hope mine arrives on Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
That's correct; it's just a little dip switch on the board.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
There is zero evidence that the video in question is genuine. The footage is cut back and forth and there is no way to tell if it's the same heli crash after crash or if it's been repaired or replaced between frames. It's the internet, mate... I don't believe everything I see on the internet.

So far very few review are coming in and out of a handful of genuine owners, two of them broke parts and those who haven't happen to be well versed pilots. I don't think this heli is indestructible AT ALL. It's a marketing scheme, no less. It will break just like any other heli.

It's important to also note that they market this bird as a good choice for beginners since it has the super dooper gyro. I'll tell you what... Why don't you guys buy ME one of thes helis and I'll show you how quickly I can break it without even trying to...

Plus, two owners have reported that the 6 axis gyro has unwanted flaws. One of them can fix it with trims, the other cannot. That's not going to be helpful for a beginner....

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, here. It's just that you say "let's get real..." so this in a genuine effort to get real. If anyone wants to be in this hobby and thinks that this heli is the answer to the never ending flying/fixing cycle... I have news for ya. It's not. If you don't want to repair broken parts, don't buy this heli. Get into collecting stamps instead.
LOL,,,your quite right dude,,,its not going to be crash proof,,and never should have been aimed at new pilots either,even if it can be dumbed down in the tx the newbe doesnt know how to do this ,,the rtf version should come with newbe settings as a first model option in the tx and normal settings in the model number 2,,, saying that,when you compare it to an average cp heli like a 250 or 450 it is very durable in the hands of someone that will fly on grass and hits the throttle cut or hold before the main blades hit the ground and do all the dammage that is possible,,cant wait for mine,i have broken 1 main shaft, 2 sets of wood blades and two main gears in 8 monthes on my 450 so i think the genius will be indestructable in my soft girly little hands
Magic k2 is online now Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:44 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
LOL,,,your quite right dude,,,its not going to be crash proof,,and never should have been aimed at new pilots either,even if it can be dumbed down in the tx the newbe doesnt know how to do this ,,the rtf version should come with newbe settings as a first model option in the tx and normal settings in the model number 2,,, saying that,when you compare it to an average cp heli like a 250 or 450 it is very durable in the hands of someone that will fly on grass and hits the throttle cut or hold before the main blades hit the ground and do all the dammage that is possible,,cant wait for mine,i have broken 1 main shaft, 2 sets of wood blades and two main gears in 8 monthes on my 450 so i think the genius will be indestructable in my soft girly little hands

I on the other hand,,,,think I'll be down waiting on parts within two batteries....
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I on the other hand,,,,think I'll be down waiting on parts within two batteries....
LOL,,,i recon you have got some serious heli hours under that rc belt of yours
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
The Ingenious Marketing Strategy in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Looks like some people are fine with stretching the truth just a "little" for some brand recognition and to get your attention for sales. Some slippery ways of doing things are fine as long as they stay within the boundaries of doing business legally. I think some of them actually get off on this type of thing like its a competitive game.

But, thats just the way the world works so it would seem in some places. Whatever makes you buy the heli is generally accepted practice here on the internet and else ware unfortunately.

And they also know how easily the user base is swayed here because they have been at this thing for a long time and made some mistakes along the way. The difference is that they learned from their mistakes and here on RCG there is a fresh clientèle every product release to bamboozle and bedazzle

I made my peace with that awhile ago, but post like the one you just responded to has put my radar up again. Whatever man, I wouldn't touch this helicopter with a 10ft pole. See you in 6 months When all the guys pitching this heli right now will be long gone and on to the next walkera or eflite heli that's newly for sale. Have you noticed...they rarely come back after the initial explosion of sales to keep up the support to the new buyer userbase?

BTW if you want to know the truth on this whole IceBlade shenanigans and why I think he did it, I made a nice post about what I've experienced over the years with the Walkera Thread Salesmen, Ice was definitely on the extreme side of the left but some of you might find this interesting reading.

Post #8 in response to post #4 in the "Genious CP - Another Walkera attempt to copy Eflite." Thread;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1506234

I find it sad and unfortunant that things havent really changed over the last year like I was told they would. So it would seem you guys will all pay for that one way or another. Just like the guy that didnt know how to solder 2 joints for the MCP-x brushless upgrade had to pay, in some cases, over 100.00 extra for the upgrade. Sleep well tonight all you Dealers, Associates and Reviewers. To the cronies: your response will show who you are. Wake up!

(Excluding TomZ of course who is completely unbiased and impartial, buys all his heli's and doesnt sell or is connected to a specific Walkera dealer in any way. I know he is definately one of us and it's a very nice thing you are doing for him. I really hope he finds this heli worthy)
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:19 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,700 Posts
[QUOTE=HeliFlyer711;19343248]

I made my peace with that awhile ago, but post like the one you just responded to has put my radar up again. Whatever man, I wouldn't touch this helicopter with a 10ft pole. See you in 6 months When all the guys pitching this heli right now will be long gone and on to the next walkera or eflite heli that's newly for sale. Have you noticed...they rarely come back after the initial explosion of sales to keep up the support to the new buyer userbase?

Most people in heli just buy barebone 250/450 trex clones that have no after sales suport anyway so this makes no differecne to them,,,its not until you get into micro or rtf packages that people expect a good service,,,i have really been enjoying my micro and think the genius is gonna be great fun,,if it breaks im not moan about it,its a heli and they do break,just as long as it doesnt break every 5 mins ill be happy.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:31 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Some people just aren't Walkera types and some shouldn't even be in this hobby.. If any hobby at all as they just don't seem to understand what a hobby is..
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,448 Posts
True

I break stuff all the time - and its aggravating to no end

BUT

You learn a lot by repairing helis - and build a lot of skills doing so, modding ect

Always a positive side to look at as well.

NOTHING AND NO ONE IS PERFECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Some people just aren't Walkera types and some shouldn't even be in this hobby.. If any hobby at all as they just don't seem to understand what a hobby is..
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
[QUOTE=Magic k2;19343357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post

Most people in heli just buy barebone 250/450 trex clones that have no after sales suport anyway so this makes no differecne to them,,,its not until you get into micro or rtf packages that people expect a good service,,,i have really been enjoying my micro and think the genius is gonna be great fun,,if it breaks im not moan about it,its a heli and they do break,just as long as it doesnt break every 5 mins ill be happy.
I don't think heliflyers post told me and many others much we did not already know Yes Darryl has a link with WOW he has never hid the fact - Yes with his experience and knowledge he sometimes mediates on our behalf to help get any wrinkles ironed out on new products - is it better having someone to fight our corner - or a case where blade grips are flying off left right and center and the company claiming its not happening until the evidence is far too great for them to ignore.

Thanks Darryl for all your hard work on our behalf and have always found you honest in your reviews - You do the other hobbyists a great service.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:04 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
True

I break stuff all the time - and its aggravating to no end

BUT

You learn a lot by repairing helis - and build a lot of skills doing so, modding ect

Always a positive side to look at as well.

NOTHING AND NO ONE IS PERFECT
I break stuff,,, stuff just breaks, wears out, or needs some mods etc.. I guess I'm lucky as my life long hobby and what I get the most enjoyment out of doing my whole life is fixing things, houses, cars, boats, trucks, airplane and my models..

Being in the modeling hobby for over 50 years off and on I have always come back to it as it's the most enjoyable hobby to me.. And the micro heli world is the best it gets as not only can I fly without having to go anywhere but I get lots of things to fix or try and find ways to keep them from breaking.. And then testing my work again without having to drive anyplace.. OK might have to move the wife's car and my truck down the driveway a ways but still better than having to pack up the truck and driving a hour to a flying field.. And there is the lower cost of repairs..

Another great thing that I'm now enjoying is following and buying Walkera and their new state of the art micro models and talking about them on here..

Do I believe all the hype NO, do I trust everything I read NO.. Heck I sometime don't even trust what I post... Do I enjoy chatting with most of you guys and the fun most of us have had together over the years on here heck YES... It's my hobby I treat it as a hobby..

I try and give my honest point of view on things as I have nothing to gain or lose by pushing a product as being good or saying a product isn't as good as it should be or even a POS.. I just try and let others know my experience with it..

Sometimes like with the V100D03 I just haven't had the time to really fly it and fix it right to even say anything good or bad about it so as many of you might have noticed I have been silent about it lately..

What will happen with this one I'll just have to wait and see.. Might be a great heli out of the box and stay that way and/or might turn into another mCPX..

As I can afford more than one or two new heli's a year I tend to like buying the new ones as I enjoy the rush of placing a order and waiting for it to be shipped and then following it across the country to my doorstep just as much as the first flight and the first crash and spare parts order... And of course sharing all this with you guys...
Last edited by livonia bob; Sep 17, 2011 at 01:14 PM.