HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
755 Posts
They have stocked Walleye down here, but nothing that big! Hey Snowman, I didnt know there was a Walleye season up there, here you can fish them all the time. My biggest fish this year so far is a 4 1/2 lb largemouth bass!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Snowman don't count me out. I'd really like to make a trip up that way.
I got my 1st set of digtals. http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d770.html
Boy they are fast , no two ways about it.
It's funny becasue ypou can hear those digtals whine, like they are sining.
I'm debating on using a servo reveser or the elevaitor function on the futaba.
I've still got to set the right geometry up for my servos. I'm thinking of a plumb line.

Hey snowman can K49 come too?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowman don't count me out. I'd really like to make a trip up that way.
I got my 1st set of digtals. http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d770.html
Boy they are fast , no two ways about it.
It's funny becasue ypou can hear those digtals whine, like they are sining.
I'm debating on using a servo reveser or the elevaitor function on the futaba.
I've still got to set the right geometry up for my servos. I'm thinking of a plumb line.

Hey snowman can K49 come too?
The Futaba Ailevator mix works right out of the book but one servo will lag behind a bit but the travels are the same. The strange thing I noticed with my buddy's 9C, with the XPS module and RX on the 104 Slick, there was no noticable lag like he 72 futaba RX had.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
While flying the 260 last night the plane continually wants to drop the left wing regardless of high or low rate.......and when I adjust to trim to make up for it...it once again starts dropping the left wing......stripped servo, loose screw on push rod?......Heck no...Its my right hand moving the flippin' flap knob without me knowing about it!!

I'm trying to figure out what colors my naked lady will be wearing this spring? Transparent red/opaque black or perhaps metallic teal/pearl white.......the choices are endless (well, not exactly I'm doing this with what I have on hand...about 30 rolls on hand and no two that match!)
Funny you should say that

I have some Pearl Teal monocoat for one and some Pearl Copper for the other

(Great minds and all that rot!)

OH....PS......when your running through your programming always set flaps to -0- on yer 3D plane. In fact....make sure you program EVRYTHING.....even if its just to set it to -0-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Hit a Gator <semi truck tire tread> on I-80 last night that took out my A/C condensor, radiator, fan assembly, with deductable and rental car I am looking a $700. This is not helping my cause.
Oh crapo! Road Gator!
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
Ok....Im fixin to start unloading crap.

Got a box fulla old engine stuff. O&R Brown Testors Cox....most of it run and in "rough" shape.

Anybody "into" that kinda crap?

Ill try to run stuff through here before I post it....give my buds a shot before its listed
Old May 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
On my 60 Twist, would it be better to run an ESC with a BEC or without and run a separate rx pack? Set up looks like this: EMP 5065 380kv motor, 6s 5000-5300 mAh lipo, 80A ESC, 17x8 prop. At 60A and 22.2v, should have 2:1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
On my 60 Twist, would it be better to run an ESC with a BEC or without and run a separate rx pack? Set up looks like this: EMP 5065 380kv motor, 6s 5000-5300 mAh lipo, 80A ESC, 17x8 prop. At 60A and 22.2v, should have 2:1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I am all about a seperate BEC or battery for the Servos and RX personally. I like the BEC since it helps prevent sag under load. 2S lipo 6 volt output.

1300 Watts is great 3D power for a 8.8 lb plane
Old May 17, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
That separate BEC sounds good and I just happen to have one. Otherwise I thought about using my 6v nimh pack that I had on it with the glow setup.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
That separate BEC sounds good and I just happen to have one. Otherwise I thought about using my 6v nimh pack that I had on it with the glow setup.
Switching BEC's are nice but noisy, you want to keep um clear of the RX. Linear is quiet but heats more, uses more.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,433 Posts
Kerwin.....the more the merrier! I was thinking that the camp would be a good place for you boys, but my brother-in-law is tearing a room off the camp, installing some additional piers, and building an addition. Course all that has to be done before we get indoor plumbing and a well! I reckon many of you have never sat in a two-seater outhouse....no frills here........skitters bite your privates so no fingering through a Tower sale flyer during a leisurely dump! The big wheels across the lake have a two story outhouse...guests get the bottom hole. We'll figure something out.

Ailerons, Elevator halves, Horizontal stab, all covered.......transparent green! What was I thinking! I have no idea where I'm going with this covering job! DR...I just couldn't bring myself to use those elegant color schemes on a U-Can-Do.........It's just too damn ugly.....I even got bored with her when she was naked for under 24hrs...and I'm not picky! Maybe I'll just use up odds and ends....who knows!

Oh yeah......almost forgot.......Thanks DR........sound advice!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Well I ran into my 1st problem. My digtals don't work on channel 8 and on channel 5 it will on go one direction no matter if I go plus or minus.
I have a y servo reverser that I ened up putting on there. But I'm alittle worried how much current that servo reverser can handle and the resistance of the circuit.
I'm also going to need to put some nail polish as glip on the little pot used for matching the servo.
Like I said these servos are fast and they center really well. I can't wait to try them.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:38 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Well I ran into my 1st problem. My digtals don't work on channel 8 and on channel 5 it will on go one direction no matter if I go plus or minus.
I have a y servo reverser that I ened up putting on there. But I'm alittle worried how much current that servo reverser can handle and the resistance of the circuit.
I'm also going to need to put some nail polish as glip on the little pot used for matching the servo.
Like I said these servos are fast and they center really well. I can't wait to try them.
What kinda of Radio?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
Futaba 9C
Old May 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Futaba 9C
My 9C uses channel 2 and 8 for Ailvators. 2 is set to rev, 8 is set to normal
Old May 17, 2012, 10:14 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Oh yeah......almost forgot.......Thanks DR........sound advice!
Oh crap....what'd I say now

Ahhh...programming...got it