SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:48 PM
United States, OH, Miamisburg
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
Discussion
912 F45 question

At first is was cool learning to solder a new tail motor on BOTH my 912sthen its like "I REALLY dont want to have to do this again,so Im reading about the F45 upgrades for the 912,instead of modding the heck out of the 912s(dont get me wrong! LOVE my 912s)wouldnt just make more sense to just get the F45 or the Brushless version???? I do enjoy working and learning about these helis BUT right now I cant fly either one cause both have cooked tail motors and have to wait for those to get here..THANKS as always!
Tom W. is offline Find More Posts by Tom W.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2014, 03:01 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,594 Posts
Problem buying toy helis is they don't hold up. V912 RTF for $68.00 its a Toy. F-45 is just a bigger toy. Helis like V911 hold up well as no mass and very low power. V912 is 10X heavier maybe more, then problems happen. Comon thing is flying to long, not allowing cool down time/ heat sinks etc. Even if heli is not abused they use cheapest motors available to keep price low. Yes they fly but you get what you pay for. WL toys QC is lower then at first. Now they hooked many and lower the standards.
You want a good heli ? Save up and get Blade 200SR-X and forget about toy helis. Double bl motors/ three different flight modes and purdy birdy to boot.
Plus no more boc-choy slow boat from china waiting for parts.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 24, 2014, 03:22 PM
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
Problem IS

I have 2 912s now,have F45 motors,(which I have not put in yet since the original motors are still running)but its the tail motors and gears that are giving me the fits,just want to be able to fly more and be able to handle a bit more wind...what tail solution would you suggest? Yes I would and will go brushless when I can..but for now? THANKS! My question was for me and someone that had not got either heli yet
Old Apr 24, 2014, 03:24 PM
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
The mods and upgrades for the 912s on this forum is amazing!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Problem buying toy helis is they don't hold up.
Call them all what they are,"model helicopters." All of them are models and I think everyone can agree on that, right?

That said, all of them are toys. I don't care if it cost $2,000 it's still a toy. I don't care what name brand it is, it's still a toy. Some toys crash better than others. Some toys have motors that last longer than others. Some toys have parts that are easier to replace.

Add: The build quality of my $21 v911-pro puts the build quality of my $100 Blade 120 SR's to shame. Blade needs to consult with WLT and learn some things from them apparently.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Florida Heli; Apr 25, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:00 AM
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
I agree,my 912s are built like tanks,cant believe they even still fly after all they been through! Got 2 911s,one still flying after almost a year...the other has a binding problem I have not figured out yet,yes to me they are toys but learning toys,rather crash my 912 rather then my belt cp....but now the guys on this forum have come up with all these mods the 912s are looking better all the time,going brushless when I can and just fly the heck out them...