New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
Yep. There's no manual with it and the cables aren't identified so I had to use a multimeter to find the right cable.
I'm interested to know how you're running the power through this.
That's something I'm going to have to consider.

Are you using an adapter through your stock battery? If you are, which adapter are you using as I will have to order one before I start using it.
ShawnecJP is online now Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:49 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
I'm going to try the GF6045s for the first time this morning.
The prop balancer that I have on order hasn't come yet but hopefully it will be fine flying.
I'm interested to see how they feel.
I will bring some stock props with me just in case.
Old Today, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by jtravel
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnecJP View Post
I'm going to try the GF6045s for the first time this morning.
The prop balancer that I have on order hasn't come yet but hopefully it will be fine flying.
I'm interested to see how they feel.
I will bring some stock props with me just in case.
They should feel great with the devo.
The observation I had was they caused the FC to run hotter on my stock setup than with stock props.
It was recommended to cut holes in the stock canopy to allow better cooling.
With my PC frame it's not a concern as the canopy is not used.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Today, 06:02 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
They should feel great with the devo.
The observation I had was they caused the FC to run hotter on my stock setup than with stock props.
It was recommended to cut holes in the stock canopy to allow better cooling.
With my PC frame it's not a concern as the canopy is not used.
Not a concern for me with my new frame.
This new frame runs " commando " style with no canopy.....
Old Today, 06:37 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Not a concern for me with my new frame.
This new frame runs " commando " style with no canopy.....
Looks Great
Where did you mount the lemonRX?
Are you using the satellite?
Old Today, 06:44 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
Looks Great
Where did you mount the lemonRX?
Are you using the satellite?
Thanks!
Yes, I'm using both.
It's difficult to see because they're covered by the reinforcements at the front of the flight board and at the back of the flight board. I guess you can say one is under the hood and the other is in the trunk

One question, my timer is not activating when I fly and I'm just wondering how to start the timer.
I went into the menu and it's set to automatically start with the throttle but it doesn't start the countdown. There are different selections that you can choose and I'm just not sure which one it is. I had assumed that you had it set up so it just starts working automatically In ur model file.
There's an option that says throttle which it is now set at and there's another action called throttle!"
Last edited by ShawnecJP; Today at 06:49 PM.
Old Today, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!
Yes, I'm using both.
It's difficult to see because they're covered by the reinforcements at the front of the flight board and at the back of the flight board. I guess you can say one is under the hood and the other is in the trunk

One question, my timer is not activating when I fly and I'm just wondering how to start the timer.
I went into the menu and it's set to automatically start with the throttle but it doesn't start the countdown. There are different selections that you can choose and I'm just not sure which one it is. I had assumed that you had it set up so it just starts working automatically In ur model file.
There's an option that says throttle which it is now set at and there's another action called throttle!"
Set it to Ch 1.

g
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Today, 06:59 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!
Yes, I'm using both.

My timer starts automatically when I give throttle and then stops when throttle is returned to zero.
I suspect because you use Mode 1 instead of mode 2 like I use that has caused the issue.
I would do what Big G little o said and use channel 1 as that is your throttle in mode 1 and should work.
The nice thing with these .ini files is you can make tweaks using the TX menu or Notepad ++ to customize for what you want.
My advise is to always save a backup of your basic .ini file so you can reload if something does not work as you had expected after you modify it.
Big G little o knows far more than I do about this stuff so I would definitely take his advise.
Old Today, 07:18 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
I reset it to channel 1 but now it's starting when I press the gear switch to one and it's resetting when I go back to zero....
Which is fine for me as long as I know which one to use Hahaha

This might actually be more convenient for me anyways because sometimes I will stop flying to stop the Mobius camera and restart it as to break up with the recording times so I don't have long single videos.
Old Today, 07:33 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
Scratch that.... It works with the throttle now.
And putting the throttle to zero doesn't actually reset it but it just pauses it which works perfect for me. The gear switch set to zero resets everything back to six minutes .

I'm not sure why it worked with the gear switch a few minutes ago .....
Weird
Old Today, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,068 Posts
Quote:
I reset it to channel 1 but now it's starting when I press the gear switch to one and it's resetting when I go back to zero....
Which is fine for me as long as I know which one to use Hahaha

This might actually be more convenient for me anyways because sometimes I will stop flying to stop the Mobius camera and restart it as to break up with the recording times so I don't have long single videos.
Remove the 'Gear0' to reset the timer and set it to 'none'.

You can use the 'L' switch on the right side to reset the timer.

g

Edit - too slow.
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Today, 08:11 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
I'm really liking these Gemfans!! The Eox handles like a bare frame even when the Mobius camera is attached. Plenty of lifting power.

I kind of had a little high-speed crash when I was in the middle of turning and I didn't give it enough throttle . And of course the quad went cartwheeling .
But I'm pleased to say that the frame is still intact ( I crash like that probably would've destroyed one of my single piece frames from before ) and I didn't even break a prop.
It's all good !!

On the downside one of my stock batteries seems to be depleting a little early. It only took five minutes for it to be fully drained and luckily I wasn't flying very fast and was pretty close to the ground when I lost power.
Old Today, 09:34 PM
Joined Mar 2015
423 Posts
Here's a little peek at my morning this morning .

Perfect conditions for flying and if there was any wind it was only one or 2 mph .

I was alone so I couldn't hold the camera's but I try to keep it in the frame as much as I could.

EOX DIY h-frame w/Devo 10 (4 min 57 sec)
Old Today, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by siriusflier
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
3,306 Posts
I agree with ShawnecJp, and like the Gemfan 6045 props. They are the best balanced props I have tried, easiest to fit to the Xtreme, and perform well. In order of best to worst, the props I have tried are GF 6045, FC 6045, HQ 6045, GF 5030, FC 5045 bullnose, and the worst - Gemfan 6030. I didn't include stock 138mm props because I used them for less than 3 flights.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier