SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2015, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by ahtiram
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jul 2012
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman View Post
The arrow in your picture points to 2 pins not 3. For control from a rx you must have a signal not necessarily a + or -. For example an ESC will function if only the signal wire is connected to the throttle channel. Are you sure that you can operate this type of gimbal as a pan and tilt?

For example look at this gimbal http://www.feiyu-tech.com/product-en.php?id=44
It has a function called "Heading Lock" which allows the camera to be directed by the RC Tx.
thank you got it sorted out!
ahtiram is offline Find More Posts by ahtiram
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2015, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by ahtiram
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jul 2012
549 Posts
is anyone using the dragonlink UHF on their summit? if so how did you mount the receiver antennas on the summit?
ahtiram is offline Find More Posts by ahtiram
Old May 25, 2015, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtiram View Post
is anyone using the dragonlink UHF on their summit? if so how did you mount the receiver antennas on the summit?
Yes....TnT and Carguy both use it with great results........so checkout their truck build photos.
FPVsummituk is offline Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
Old May 25, 2015, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by BigTradioman
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
864 Posts
Well here's a strange one. I had a run out with no problems and put the truck away. Next run out 4 days later I have a reversed throttle! Forward is back and back is forward. The only change made was to reprogram the ess sound unit. I tried reversing in the tx but it made no difference. Weird or what
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Old May 25, 2015, 02:15 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Well here's a strange one. I had a run out with no problems and put the truck away. Next run out 4 days later I have a reversed throttle! Forward is back and back is forward. The only change made was to reprogram the ess sound unit. I tried reversing in the tx but it made no difference. Weird or what
Try turning your radio upside down.......

Sorry........couldn't resist.......

Joking apart........that is weird.........never heard of that one........it will be interesting to hear what caused it.........best of luck!

A thought.......did you take the ess unit out to reprogram it, or do it while still connected to the Rx?
Last edited by FPVsummituk; May 25, 2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 25, 2015, 04:04 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
GHB......I've just watched your "Quadcross" video........now get your Tonka Truggy down there.......what a great place to drive......
Old May 25, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by glue hand brian
United Kingdom, England, Uxbridge
Joined Jan 2012
1,146 Posts
did drive there a while ago, lol tonkacross
Tonkacross FPV (4 min 52 sec)

the track's got a bit bigger since then, having to much fun flying the mini quads atm but won't be selling the tonka, it will be out again,........soon, i promise
glue hand brian is offline Find More Posts by glue hand brian
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM
Joined Oct 2009
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
Try turning your radio upside down.......

Sorry........couldn't resist.......

Joking apart........that is weird.........never heard of that one........it will be interesting to hear what caused it.........best of luck!

A thought.......did you take the ess unit out to reprogram it, or do it while still connected to the Rx?
No I disconnected the servo wire to the unit. This gets more weird, even if I disconnected the sound unit forward is back. Not too complicated but hard to explain. I have the throttle on what would be the elevator channel so I have a sprung "neutral". So what would be down ele is forward, up ele is rev. When I changed out the motor and clutch everything worked fine. Yesterday on start up forward stick was reverse: eg lower speed etc, reverse stick was forward and fast? Reversing the channel made the stick movements reverse eg forward now made the model go forward but it was still slow. It is as if the ESC has reversed itself.
Going to have to strip down and check the wiring. The clutch needs adjusting any way as it far too tight.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glue hand brian View Post
did drive there a while ago, lol tonkacross https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOvFSWkjwso
the track's got a bit bigger since then, having to much fun flying the mini quads atm but won't be selling the tonka, it will be out again,........soon, i promise
Ahhh....yes......I remember it now.......a shame that you are taking a rest from TT videos.......but so glad that you are not getting rid of it........too many dropping out lately........we seem to go two steps forward and one back with the Tonka numbers.
Old Yesterday, 02:36 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
Quote:
No I disconnected the servo wire to the unit. This gets more weird, even if I disconnected the sound unit forward is back. Not too complicated but hard to explain. I have the throttle on what would be the elevator channel so I have a sprung "neutral". So what would be down ele is forward, up ele is rev. When I changed out the motor and clutch everything worked fine. Yesterday on start up forward stick was reverse: eg lower speed etc, reverse stick was forward and fast? Reversing the channel made the stick movements reverse eg forward now made the model go forward but it was still slow. It is as if the ESC has reversed itself.
Going to have to strip down and check the wiring. The clutch needs adjusting any way as it far too tight.
What if you swop the steering and throttle over (awkward, but just as a check) then see if forward is the faster, then at least you will know if it is the ESC, that has changed.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
Joined Oct 2009
864 Posts
FPV Tonka Summit

If I reverse the channel on the tx and re calibrate the ess they work opposite each other. So the ess is working correct to the tx and the esc is wrong. So I will firstly do a reset on the esc as per traxxas instruction. If that does not work I'll start a new model.
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Joined Oct 2009
864 Posts
Finally sorted it out today. I had managed to get the ESC into program mode by not being able to see the led when pushing the ESC button. I then managed to reverse the settings in ESC as well as put it into trainer mode. Easy solution is to drill a hole in the drivers seat and glue a short fibre optic cable above the led. Also I found that by increasing the end points to 140 on the tx I now get more speed.
Old Today, 02:47 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Finally sorted it out today. I had managed to get the ESC into program mode by not being able to see the led when pushing the ESC button. I then managed to reverse the settings in ESC as well as put it into trainer mode. Easy solution is to drill a hole in the drivers seat and glue a short fibre optic cable above the led. Also I found that by increasing the end points to 140 on the tx I now get more speed.
Glad to hear that you have got it sorted........good thinking about extending the end point to get increased speed........never thought of that.........nice one......