Old Apr 08, 2014, 04:46 AM
Find More Posts by Up&Away
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,443 Posts
Alert
RC Lipos is not answering

In the past I've had good dealings with RC Lipos, and so did many of my friends.

However, mid-January I ordered from their website a Hyperion EX 2200 3S pack. There was no mention it was not in stock.
Within 24 hours of the purchase I got an email that the pack was not in stock and that "Hyperion has zero stock but they are saying that they are expecting more product by boat within next 7-10 days..."

As the pack was not urgent I notified them I'd wait a week or two.

During that time life took over and flying gliders took a back seat for a few months.
Needless to say, I have still not received my lipo pack. But what's worse, is that RC Lipos is not answering my emails.

Anybody else held in limbo by them?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:21 AM
Find More Posts by Up&Away
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,443 Posts
I got an answer from them:
Quote:
RC Lipos has been on a reduced servicing schedule due to the hospitalization of my husband Pat...

He is the MVP and the backbone of RC Lipos and has suffered a massive stroke and heart attack...

Life can get complicated pretty quickly when an event such as this occurs and it takes time to put things back together again...

Unfortunately, we cannot process credit card orders at this time...
The only method of payment we are accepting at this time is Paypal...
This is temporary to simplify matters while my husband recovers in the hospital...

We apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused for you...

We hope you understand our predicament during this difficult time for our family...

The reason it says that it is available on the website, is that my husband is unable to change it to "out of stock" due to his hospitalization...

We will refund you the money you paid for this transaction...

Our apologies for any inconveniences that this has caused for you...
So, from here I wish Pat a speedy and full recovery.

(and I've just been notified by PayPal I have a full refund)
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away