HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2014, 08:46 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,480 Posts
It wouldn't be much of a radio if you put it away for the year only to pull it out again and find all your model memory gone. The model memory is stored in non-volatile storage that will last until as long as any thumb drive or permanent storage device.

The on/off switch tells the processor to shut down. Only after the processor has decided it's safe does it actually control the electronic switch that 'disconnects' the battery. But many people regularly charge their transmitter batteries outside the case (completely unplugged) and leave the 7E batteryless for days, if not months.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
816 Posts
I just ordered one of these to use with the new hisky HCP100S ,I've ordered a satellite receiver for now but I'd rather not have the extra weight on the heli , now I've been looking at the nrf24l01 module's to hard wire in and after a little looking they seem to come with or without an antenna , so my question is do I need to get the antenna version or will it use the 7e's antenna once soldered in ?
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:15 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
I just ordered one of these to use with the new hisky HCP100S ,I've ordered a satellite receiver for now but I'd rather not have the extra weight on the heli , now I've been looking at the nrf24l01 module's to hard wire in and after a little looking they seem to come with or without an antenna , so my question is do I need to get the antenna version or will it use the 7e's antenna once soldered in ?
Get the NRF module and external antenna from MassiveRC. It's a few dollars more, and worth it. Several here have used the stock antenna as a base for the external antenna. Here is a photo:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post29310331
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
816 Posts
thank's external antenna it is .
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:25 AM
Antisocial Curmudgeon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
1,106 Posts
You can do it with an internal antenna also, cleaner look and I've not had any range issues. Here's a link to my blog showing what I did.
Fyathyrio is offline Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Solar system for my garden shed
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:57 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC View Post
I started out with these ini's too, and I probably worked on them a month! On my Devo 7E I have installed the two 3-way switches as SW A and SW B. TH (left 2-way switch) is used only for Throttle Hold (so it doesn't activate a channel, just cuts the output from the throttle channel), SW A turns on the lights (activates channel 5), SW B sets the low (SW B0 position is 60%), medium (SW B1 position is 80%) and high (SW B2 position is 100%) rates for throttle, rudder, E and A, and FMODE puts the bird into flip mode (activates channel 6 if SW B is in medium or high rates).

I left the trim switches working because I am still not fully skilled with virtual channels and such -- and it does what I want so why mess with it any further? This works great with my Proto X as well as other Hubsan devices.

There is a lot to be learned about this programming, and I hope this is helpful.
Thanks for your Hubsan config. I got all the parts ordered to just go ahead and do the 2x3 switch mod so Im going give your config a go.
Jerm357 is offline Find More Posts by Jerm357
Old Dec 04, 2014, 08:12 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
Hey JW57RC,
I just finished the switch mod on my Devo the other day and I got a chance to try out your Hubsan config and WOW....Its awesome, I love it. It has everything that I needed and wanted, thank you.

Is there any way I could get a copy of the rest of your model configs? If there anything like your Hubsan one I know Ill be happy with what ever you may have.
Old Dec 05, 2014, 12:09 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post
Hey JW57RC,
I just finished the switch mod on my Devo the other day and I got a chance to try out your Hubsan config and WOW....Its awesome, I love it. It has everything that I needed and wanted, thank you.

Is there any way I could get a copy of the rest of your model configs? If there anything like your Hubsan one I know Ill be happy with what ever you may have.

Welcome to the Deviated! I have a number of models I've gathered and/or customized in one way or another. The DeviationTX.com has a lot to work with. Daryoon, Florida_heli, Tom_z and many others have posted excellent ini files and I find something new to learn every day.

For most of mine now I am using the extra toggle icons (toggle3.bmp) and device bitmap I may have edited! PM me with the models you fly and I will sent you what I have or a link to the original files. I have files for the V2x2 (works with JXD and other models as well), V911 and Phoenix v5 that are solid.
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Dec 07, 2014, 08:31 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
Thanks, PM sent.