SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:21 AM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
New Product
Genesis Lipo Giveaway Recipients Post Here!

Hello Friends! It has been a long couple of years for Banana Hobby and myself to FINALLY settle on Genesis Power! I appreciate each and every person that contacted us for your free Genesis Lipo trial! As much as I want to give every pilot a free Genesis Power lipo, we had to limit this giveaway to the first 50 responses that met our requirements. I did the best I could to send out your requested sizes as close as I could to your model descriptions. A few of you I chose higher C ratings for reasons I can read in your aircraft set up's. I am super impressed in the models that ya'll posted! Some very heavy hitters out there with high amp draw and watts!

The purpose of this thread is to hear back from you pilots that have received a Genesis Power Lithium Battery to test. Banana Hobby and myself have performed to out best ability to bring to you a True C Rating and Performance Packed LiPo at a super competitive retail price. Shipped directly to you from Banana Hobby here in the California. I have extensively tested Genesis Power in various of my own models. From EDF Jets to my TREX 700e. From the smallest of batteries to 4s 4p configs. I have found a smooth power band through out the discharge cycle with performance keeping up with the C ratings.

Please keep in mind that this is a special offer for you pilots to check out our new Lipo line. By all means I am not saying Genesis Power is indestructible. Like all Lithium Polymer Batteries, please keep in mind to never over dis-charge your packs to extreme levels. Please post up your experiences and what your thoughts are. I'd love to read some feedback. Thanks again pilots! Please post your aircraft and what lipo you received as well. Thanks friends!

Regards,

Pete

banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:52 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,599 Posts
Track & Confirm

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME
Priority Mail®
Shipment Accepted
December 12, 2011, 3:52 pm
MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754
Expected Delivery By:
December 14, 2011
Delivery Confirmation™
Electronic Shipping Info Received
December 13, 2011

was supposed to be delivered the 14th but nothing yet,, im patient tho and waiting.
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,840 Posts
Still waiting for my conformation
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:34 AM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,133 Posts
I received my FREE battery in yesterdays mail. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Pete! I will post a review ASAP. (I care for my 2 year old son, so hopefully I can get some flights in next week.)

First impression is packaging for shipping was excellent, lots of bubble wrap. No damage even though it went through the USPS.

Battery seems lightweight for its size and c rating. (2500mah 3s 40c)
Deans plug installed, which is a big plus for me.(less time soldering more time flying) Thanks again BH
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:24 PM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomme21 View Post
Track & Confirm

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME
Priority Mail®
Shipment Accepted
MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754
Expected Delivery By:
December 14, 2011
Delivery Confirmation™
Electronic Shipping Info Received
December 13, 2011

was supposed to be delivered the 14th but nothing yet,, im patient tho and waiting.
I Got the exact same e mail and no bats here either, hope nothing funny is going on here.
XXLBMXER is offline Find More Posts by XXLBMXER
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Guys its Christmas in one Week. Why do you have to say things like this " Hope nothing funny is going on here". We are giving away Free lipos. Period. I understand many of you are impatient however, it has nothing to do with Banana Hobby. NOTICE:

Priority Mail®
Shipment Accepted
MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754

It was accepted by USPS. You have an issue, take it up with USPS. It's the Holidays. Have some patience..

Regards,

Pete
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Pete, my post was not directed at you or Banna Hobby but at the USPS sorry if I did not make that clear. I am very much looking forward to running these new Genesis lipos and giving you some feedback.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Pete I feel your pain in the stress dept., this time of year always stresses me out a little too. Are you going to be at the AMA expo? I will be there on Saturday hanging out with Rob from ADC hopefully getting some love on the flightline as well. The 3DHS 330 SC line has been refered to as the puppy dog plane and I think it fits that description pretty well. I have the 38'' EPP the 72'' and the 103'' all track like theye are on rails when flying IMAC style and do very well in the lazy 3D dept. Hope too see you at the expo and Happy Holidaze to you as well
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
653 Posts
Received today...thanks again!
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Just got ine a few minutes ago (2800mah 55C 4s for my 51 slick) its on the charger now. I break all my lipos in with a low 1C charge rate for the first 10 cycles and only dicharge to about 40%. After that Its full on going crazy 5C charge and 20% left! Will let you know how it goes! Thanks again for the battery
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
OK Well I got two flight in on the 2800 55C 4s lipo. VERY nice battery. The IR is right on where my hyperions were when new (though its colder right now than when I got my hyperions, so in the same temps these will have a lower IR) I log all my cycles and record IR of eash cell, capacity put in, beginning voltage, and how long my flight was.
Give me a few weeks and I will let you know how they are after 20 or 30 cycles.

With a dean connector on it the batt weighed in at 315grams. (which is GREAT for its capacity and C rating)
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:09 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,599 Posts
received my battery today. i have never received a battery shipped like this.

very well packaged, the battery was in its own box with bubble wrap, not even ups could foul this one up if they ever got a hold of this package.

the battery seems light for a 5 cell, the deans plug already soldered is a huge plus.

im so impressed im going to take the time to download some pics.

thanks again pete for having this contest in the first place.

cant wait to put this in my mirage.
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:38 AM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
OK Well I got two flight in on the 2800 55C 4s lipo. VERY nice battery. The IR is right on where my hyperions were when new (though its colder right now than when I got my hyperions, so in the same temps these will have a lower IR) I log all my cycles and record IR of eash cell, capacity put in, beginning voltage, and how long my flight was.
Give me a few weeks and I will let you know how they are after 20 or 30 cycles.

With a dean connector on it the batt weighed in at 315grams. (which is GREAT for its capacity and C rating)

You have great details in how you break in your lipos and the details including the IR's etc. I love all you have provided and would love to know how your results are after 100 flights! Which 51" Slick do you have BTW? What are your power systems again? I have 3 51' Slicks. 1 Original Red White, One Blue Fantasy, and one of the New Red Star Slicks. The new version I am flying her on 3s 2800mah 55c Genesis Power and she is AMAZING!!! I need to take her for more flight with Genesis Power for a photo spread! The 51" Blue Fantasy I am using 3s 3300mah and she is so fun as well! The original 51" in Red and White, I am using 4s 2800mah 40C Genesis Power with unlimited vertical and 6 minutes of solid 3D with all rollers and and walls etc. I do also have 3 42" Slicks and all fly one 1800mah 40C 3s Genesis. My 59" Slick in Orange us using 4s 3300 and 4000mah 40c Genesis Power. Last but not least my 71 Orange Gas Slick I am using 2200mah 2s for RC power. Powered by a DLE 30. Also on my 104" Slick it is all Genesis Lipo for my avionics. I trust what I have brought to the market with Genesis Power. In the next year I will be using Genesis Power from my TREX 700e to my P160 Jet Cat powered Turbine for avionics. Pics to come! Thanks again for your input and let us know your thoughts!

Regards,

Pete

51" Slick Original Blue Fantasy ADC Vinyl Package 3s 40c Genesis Power!

71" Blue Fantasy AJ Slick ADC Vinyl 4500 mah 40c 6s Genesis Power

51" Red Slick 2800mah 3s 40c Genesis Power!

GENESIS POWER! Pete's PERSONAL LINE! Trial and TESTED by PETE! Do it!!!

tomme21, looking forward to your test results!! I know you have a heavy hitter aircraft!! Thank you for the detailed photos and so you all know, Banana Hobby, we are here to provide the best the FIRST time around! Thanks for the photos! Let's see the Genesis Power in your Aircraft soon! Happy Holidays my friend!

-So Excited,

Pete

Friends, LET'S please keep all Genesis Lipo give-away questions and thoughts consolidated here please. I do not have the time pleasure to search all over the boards. PLEASE post here. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Regards,

Pete
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:06 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
my lipo's arrived today and are in perfect condition and very well packaged, cell variance on pack one was .009 and on second pack was .011 so balance state was good. I will start properly breaking in my packs as I always do with 5 or more charge/discharge cycles of 1c charge and no more than 5c discharge. one thing that was a little disappointing was the gage wire and connector used for these 55c 4000 packs which are capable of 220amps continuous. I would expect 8 or 10 gage wire not 12gage and the non-deans deans connector rated for max 50amps aint gonna get it either but I use my choice of connector so not as big a deal as the 12gage wire. still very happy to try these out and give my honest opinion
thanks Pete

John
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:27 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
just got my lipo today, 6s5000 55c pack. it is huge, about an inch and a half longer than my spyder lipos, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 75g heavier. cant wait to test it out in my 71 slick to directly compare it to my spyder packs!
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption