HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:51 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Suggestion
google adsense

My computer got hit hard last week while on rcgroups. Fortunately, I was able to uninstall the virus manually. It was the hardest one I've ever had to do--they are getting clever. I do believe for most people it would have meant reinstalling the entire OS. I had to hack into my own computer to get rid of the virus.

another post on this topic

The nature of these viruses, via "legitimate" ad servers, means that often your virus checker won't get it. Why? Google is probably testing all known viruses anyway. So it will be a day 0 virus.

Third party ad servers are a huge risk, and in my experience, the number one way a responsible internet user gets viruses.

I'm not sure if it is financially viable, but ditching adservers would help.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts