5,662 Posts
we were just discussing the Philips headrest screens
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
OK I was going to post in new thread but will here. Composite video from your FPV can taken into your laptop thru any number of devices. Now how good do these work and how good does it look is based on a lot of factors that I am not going to get into. But I am looking to bring video in and using my laptop to record because I have extra laptops around. I also do not care about the lag time.
How do you think they bring video into a laptop for video production. You bring it in thru either the USB or Firewire wire connection.
You will have to run a video program and select your input but it should work.
Here is one adapter it is cheap so I have no idea how well it works but it should.

]http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIDEO-CAPTURE-CARD-ADAPTER-TV-DVD-AUDIO-EASYCAP-RCA-COMPOSITE-CAMERA-TO-USB-2-0-/281061827617?pt=US_Video_Capture_TV_Tuner_Cards&ha sh=item4170972421[/URL]

I do not know why it does not show up as a link when i use the hyperlink.
1blueflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1blueflyer
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:09 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,230 Posts
Got this there's still a few left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Port...item19d8b45310
nightfox7 is online now Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,028 Posts
I used a laptop for FPV, and it was good value if you don't have the $ or interest to buy the equivqlent specialized equipment. I used an easycap usb dongle (a quality one) for about $20 IIRC. That gets you in effect a large high resolution display, no bluescreen, speaker, and an audio/video flight recorder you can edit and post the videos to the internet from. The lag was unnoticable on my setup.
The main drawbacks for me were that I couldn't carry it around while flying, and the glare was horrendous outdoors. And I forgot to turn off wifi, which I think caused interference on my 2.4 ghz video feed.
I ended up getting a nice 8" LCD, but I was happy with what the laptop did for my purposes.
If you get an LCD, make sure the resolution is equal to your camera, and the bluescreen isn't too bad.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy