HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:56 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
sorry about what happened with your copter. Yep, vtx and data radio interference can become very nasty, it cost me 5 pairs of nice graupner props. Troubleshooting is pretty simple though. Move sources of interference as far away as possible from the IMU and check the values in the GCS.
Video tx was as far as possible from IMU, as you can see from the video, because I put it at the very bottom of the gimbal leg. Then I wonder if 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz can interfere each other. I have another 2.4 GHz video tx, but I didn't use it because I was afraid that it could interfere with radio tx at 2.4 GHz. So I am lost. What kind of parameter can I check on GCS to see if there is a strong interference between FC and vtx?
Do you think that powering gimbal trough ESC's BEC could have caused a problem to one of the motors?
Why Zero UAV do not say nothing at all about these problems and how to cope with it? After all we do not buy these stuff only to play like a toy (better is a nice 3D Align Heli), but mainly to use them for aerial photos and videos, so it is a must having a video link with GCS. They should address these problems seriously and tell us what can be done and what cannot be done with their FC.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:11 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtech View Post
Hi Robone, Andrea .. here is the diagram for the 3DR air module.

The data from com3 on the YS is RS232 at a baud of 115200. The 3DR radio's are TTL therefore you need to invert both the RX and TX data between these two modules.

I did this using a SMD 74HC14 Schmitt inverter.

Set both 3DR radios and the PC GCS software to 115200 baud.

Done...

To use the Wifi module on the ground, the RX and TX data (between the 3DR ground module and the Wifi Module) has to be inverted back to RS232. I will post the diagram for this mod later today.
Great. I have found where I can get some 74HC14 and they are cheap. Look forward to your next post

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koleos View Post
Hello to all. I wanted to know one thing that I am not so clear. For when it concerns self takeoff and landing car, these functions work only with professional system? I have the standard one with 4 Waypoint. A Your help is appreciated
Koleos
Auto take off and auto landing work with all the systems.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
archet, can you post a picture of your setup.

You will need signal into channel 7 and 8 for the gimbal outputs to work.

Here is how it should be connected.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post22015054
Hi Mr_westie, here is a picture of my configuration connection between FC and receiver. As you can see I only use C7-Channel 7 for pitch stabilization, channel 8 on the receiver is used for zoom controll of video recorder.
Name: FC-Receiver.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 110.0 KB
Description: Connection configuration
I am now stuck by the last crash because I do not understand what could have been the reason of it and I am afraid to fly the hexa again with my video recorder or any other expensive camera.
Really not happy with this.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Auto take off and auto landing work with all the systems.
OK thank you very much
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
What kind of parameter can I check on GCS to see if there is a strong interference between FC and vtx?
Do you think that powering gimbal trough ESC's BEC could have caused a problem to one of the motors?
Why Zero UAV do not say nothing at all about these problems and how to cope with it? After all we do not buy these stuff only to play like a toy (better is a nice 3D Align Heli), but mainly to use them for aerial photos and videos, so it is a must having a video link with GCS. They should address these problems seriously and tell us what can be done and what cannot be done with their FC.
Check the velx parameter. This topic has been discussed several times in this sub-forum.

Archet, you do know that powering the gimbal straight from one of your ESC's bec is a risky approach considering the gimbal servos would likely to take more than what the esc's bec can handle? This is basic RC stuff that neither Zero UAV, DJI, Xaircraft nor Gaui would mention in their multirotor product manual.

My honest advise to you is to take it slow, dont rush to fly with expensive gears. With a system as expensive as the YS-X6, it's really worthwhile to use a test bed machine, a cheap quad for example, until you test all of the features and understand every aspect of the controller. Experience is the key and it will save you much money and frustration.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Last edited by fajar; Dec 02, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Check the velx parameter. This topic has been discussed several times in this sub-forum.

Archet, you do know that powering the gimbal straight from one of your ESC's bec is a risky approach considering the gimbal servos would likely to take more than what the esc's bec can handle? This is basic RC stuff that neither Zero UAV, DJI, Xaircraft nor Gaui would mention in their multirotor product manual.

My honest advise to you is to take it slow, dont rush to fly with expensive gears. With a system as expensive as the YS-X6, it's really worthwhile to use a test bed machine, a cheap quad for example, until you test all of the features and understand every aspect of the controller. Experience is the key and it will save you much money and frustration.
Actually I put the YS-X6 on a GAUI 500X quadcopter when I first tested it and it went fine, but then I wanted to test it on a larger model because i had to test its bigger motors, propellers and an heavvier payload.
Anyway, I see that it's better to go back to the GAUI 500X and test the video link, understand the interferences problems, etc..
Because I am only stabilizing the pitch servo, I thought that powering it trough the FC with three esc's becs could be enough.
Ok, I will power it from a different source. What kind of BEC do you suggest? I never used it before. Have I to power it taking off the red and black wires from the servo while keeping the white one to the channel 7 on the radio?
Then may I power it from the same source batteries that power the ESC's?
Thanks
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:13 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
I thought that powering it trough the FC with three esc's becs could be enough.
If you connect three esc:s becs together it's even worse. Use proper BEC to power gimbal servos separately, it's only way to go.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
About WIFI Module

There is no any change on the hardwere of YS-X6, only the WIFI module has something changed which can be configurated to "Point-to-Point" mode from default router mode, you can refer to the video in the first post in this thread for detailed operation.
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
3DR Radio System

Here are the 3DR (ground) to wifi module diagrams...
amtech is offline Find More Posts by amtech
Last edited by amtech; Dec 18, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtech View Post
Here are the 3DR (ground) to wifi module diagrams...
Thanks for that. I am going to get either the 3DR or the RCTimer one and give it a try.

Cheers
Rob
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Thanks for that. I am going to get either the 3DR or the RCTimer one and give it a try.

Cheers
Rob
no probs.... I'm using the RC Timer radios and they work great.
amtech is offline Find More Posts by amtech
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Video tx was as far as possible from IMU, as you can see from the video, because I put it at the very bottom of the gimbal leg. Then I wonder if 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz can interfere each other. I have another 2.4 GHz video tx, but I didn't use it because I was afraid that it could interfere with radio tx at 2.4 GHz. So I am lost. What kind of parameter can I check on GCS to see if there is a strong interference between FC and vtx?
Dear archet,
Have you downloaded and read the Quick Start Guide? There is clear Warning addressed inside. The problems and cautions can be found in the User Manual or Quick Start Guide, so if you have problems or douts you can refer to it. Or emial to our technical support: support_zerouav@yeah.net
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Nov 2011
317 Posts
Internet and DATA Connection At The Same Time.

Whether this was posted before or not I think its very worthwhile to be send again just in case it hasnt or was missed by others.

Today I managed to connect the DATA module to my lap top directly using the new USB cable adapter. Now I have data connection between my GCS on my laptop to my copter as well as live internet feed to my GCS at the same time and have live maps working. (No Wifi module is used in this)

I also did some testing to see if I can connect the data link as well as the wifi at the same time so I can use both the PC and the phone controller together.

I used a Futaba splitter cable and connected the data module to both the lap top using the USB cable and also another cable to the Wifi module. Note the white signal wire on teh DATA Module is on the right side and the white wire on the Wifi Module is on the left side.

The GCS works fine on the PC and wiht internet and sends and received data directly from the DATA Module to the copter. At the same time the Phone app also connects to the Wifi and the app shows the data readings from the copter. I have not tried to fly it yet to see if I can control the copter with the phone while both PC and phone are connected or visa verse.

What I have noticed with his setup so far is I cannot "Get" the parameters read on the phone while the PC is connected. As soon as I unplug the USB cable then the parameters will "Get" on the phone app GCS.

Maybe there is some software changes need to make them both work at the same time?

Anyway this solves my problem of not being able to save Google maps for off line use . I will do some more testing once I can take it out for a fly and then will let you know more then.
SkippyTBK is online now Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:02 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
It's a hardware thing.
1 TX can connect to 2 RX's.
But 2 TXs can not connect to 1 RX without some modification.

Will find and post.

edit:
Found it
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/224
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie