SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:02 AM
Principal Member
compuatic's Avatar
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
983 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone used this board recently in a plane platform using arduplane?
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2008
12 Posts
Yes as per Bluelighting earlier in this post did one successful flight but had some other trouble to sort out first. I think this post should be branched off in diff sections for Crius pro board. or better yet at DIYdrones as it is already discussed there and it is after all a porting of the code for airplane. Bluelighting did very well it does work!!
Gagarien is offline Find More Posts by Gagarien
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
That's cool. Once I get my hex flying good I want to order a Bixler2.
Guru06 is offline Find More Posts by Guru06
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
154 Posts
Sir Alex, still waiting to hear from you, why HIL compilation is failing in Arducopter versions of MPNG. Can you please rectify it ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru06 View Post
That's cool. Once I get my hex flying good I want to order a Bixler2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007 View Post
Sir Alex, In HIL mode (HIL_MODE = HIL_ATITUDE), the IMU data is provided by the flight simulator like X-Plane or AeroSIM-RC via plugin operating in the back end. All the aupopilot code is executed in the microcontroller ATMEGA2560.

All the versions of the Arducopter & Arduplane firmware compiles well for HIL and I am using that. Same is not there in Arducopter versions of MPNG.

Regards

Rana
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007 View Post
Sir Alex, still waiting to hear from you, why HIL compilation is failing in Arducopter versions of MPNG. Can you please rectify it ?
Because some parts of HIL code was removed or not implemented in MPNG.
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:19 PM
Registered User
kd4gfy's Avatar
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Sep 2001
372 Posts
usb connector size nV 1.1

I have several usb cables(standard to mini) that the mini end will not fit the V1.1 board usb connector. What size usb connector is supposed to fit??

I was able to wire an FTDI cable that would allow me to connect the V 1.1 to the Multiwii Conf pgm. All sensors were showing input to the Multiwii conf pgm. I was also able to adapt the FTDI cable to program my Ublox GPS. This tells me the FTDI cable will communicate with the V1.1 board.

After editing the Multiwii and MPNG data, compiling and verifying the sketches, I was unable to get communications between the V1.1 board and Arduino to upload the FW. I was using the same FTDI connector that I used to communicate with Multiwii Conf. HELP!!!!
kd4gfy is offline Find More Posts by kd4gfy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
I have several usb cables(standard to mini) that the mini end will not fit the V1.1 board usb connector. What size usb connector is supposed to fit??

I was able to wire an FTDI cable that would allow me to connect the V 1.1 to the Multiwii Conf pgm. All sensors were showing input to the Multiwii conf pgm. I was also able to adapt the FTDI cable to program my Ublox GPS. This tells me the FTDI cable will communicate with the V1.1 board.

After editing the Multiwii and MPNG data, compiling and verifying the sketches, I was unable to get communications between the V1.1 board and Arduino to upload the FW. I was using the same FTDI connector that I used to communicate with Multiwii Conf. HELP!!!!
wait what? i just ordered one.... what use connector do i need now? :O
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
The board has a micro usb port, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...cro_connectors

usually seen on cell phones.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
The board has a micro usb port, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...cro_connectors

usually seen on cell phones.
hehe awesome got one on my HTC
dgonano is offline Find More Posts by dgonano
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Sir Alex, I think the main question that is interested to many users: will new Arducopter versions be ported to Megapirate, or not?

Due to new prices of cloned APM 2.5 boards (89$) future of Megapirate seems poor to me - its much better to have fully compatible version without software problems.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
After editing the Multiwii and MPNG data, compiling and verifying the sketches, I was unable to get communications between the V1.1 board and Arduino to upload the FW. I was using the same FTDI connector that I used to communicate with Multiwii Conf. HELP!!!!
That doesn't sound good - I was planning to use ftdi since my USB socket fell off! Has anyone else been able to get ftdi to work for flashing the board with MPNG?
astro_wanabe is offline Find More Posts by astro_wanabe
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
Sir Alex, I think the main question that is interested to many users: will new Arducopter versions be ported to Megapirate, or not?

Due to new prices of cloned APM 2.5 boards (89$) future of Megapirate seems poor to me - its much better to have fully compatible version without software problems.

Frig - I have a AIO the bag from RC-timer - arrived yesterday - sob,
scotland101 is offline Find More Posts by scotland101
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
Sir Alex, I think the main question that is interested to many users: will new Arducopter versions be ported to Megapirate, or not?

Due to new prices of cloned APM 2.5 boards (89$) future of Megapirate seems poor to me - its much better to have fully compatible version without software problems.
Yes, I will port new FW as soon as AC team will release stable version.
Read DIYdrones forum, there is lot of issues with original board... so it seems like most problems in autopilot code not in hardware part.
About new clone... there is many users with old boards, so I think he very interested in new MPNG. I have APM 2.0 board, but using it for testing only.

Unfortunately, currently I'm working on big software project and also my house still under construction, so I have small free time to support project...
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:29 PM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Yes, the main problem in software anyway. And thats also the main difference - is much better to pay 89$ for "genuine" APM and get the latest updates without problems, than wait undefined time while some good man will made porting job And I also understand that you don't have any profit from it.

Wish you good luck with your buildings
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Mar 2012
199 Posts
So in all honesty should a multirotor run on Megapirate or Multiwii?

Will the APM clone run Arducopter and mission planner for a plane without porting or is this just speculation.

Thanks.
Guru06 is offline Find More Posts by Guru06
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Arduino and HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 or KKmulticontroller v5.5 pprioverde Multirotor Talk 30 May 14, 2014 09:52 AM
Discussion New updated Crius Multiwii SE flight controller SGsoar Multirotor Electronics 72 May 15, 2013 08:36 PM
Discussion Jim, any plans for more multi rotor flight controller? chris24g Xtreme Power Systems 12 Jun 25, 2012 08:11 PM
Sold One New, one used ArduPilot 2560 APM1.0 Flight Controlls/autopilots wingspinner FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 May 28, 2012 12:55 AM
Question Quad Build Using HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 (Atmega328 PA) SJackson Multirotor Talk 27 Apr 30, 2012 08:51 PM