HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:29 AM
Got guns that can kill a ghost
Joined Feb 2009
235 Posts
Help!
anyone get scoprion hk3026 to work with spinner?

Hello

I have a scorpion HK3026 1210kv on 5 cell. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to run smooth with a spinner. It the same story with a 4.00 dollar spinner, a 30 dollar spinner and a 70 dollar spinner.

It runs great with an apc 9x6 and a standard collet totally smooth no problems. But when I add a spinner at about 3/4 throttle a sudden and sever vibration starts and when you shut it down there is visible runout along the spinner backplate and cone that ran smooth before it was powered up. I have to further investigate this but I suspect its because the vibration bends the motor shaft. THe motor shaft has been replaced a different spinner used same results.

The motor mount appears ridged it uses an X type mount on the front of the motor with 4 standoffs. The standoffs are are bolted to the plywood firewall. There are 2 aluminum plates one Al plate on the front of the firewall and one on the back. The plate on the back is epoxied to the firewall. both plates are square and the same size as the firewall. I can not detect any slop. I believe this is an acceptable mount...

My question is: have any of you successfully run a spinner on a scorpion hk 3026 1210kv on 5s? If yes details please.

did you have to ream the prop?
what size prop?
what spinner?

of course any other ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

-Gun
Gun Jam is offline Find More Posts by Gun Jam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:55 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
balance your spinner
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
Got guns that can kill a ghost
Joined Feb 2009
235 Posts
the one i have now is a tru turn they said its balanced to 50,000 rpm still the same issue
Gun Jam is offline Find More Posts by Gun Jam