SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2002, 01:54 AM
Flying slowly along..
Northern Ca.
Joined Dec 2000
1,336 Posts
Pro Boat Sunrise 24

I just bought one of these delightful little boats. If you need a pint sized boat for lunch breaks this little beaut. can't be beat. It's all fiberglass one piece hull/keel/bulb is super nice and light.

I had to change a couple of things on the rigging end of things but they were very minor changes. I would get the one without the radio because the JR Beat radio doesn't seem to have a ratchet option.

The little sucker is very responsive...almost on the twitchy side. You can accidentally jibe while running if you are not on top of things. To me this just makes it interesting to sail.

I think you can get the non radio version for about $100 which is a bit pricy until you take the hull out of the box and see it.

Overall I am very pleased with the boat.---rob
slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by slowflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2002, 09:45 PM
ohio
Joined Sep 2002
1 Posts
Sunrise 24

I just picked up mine today and thought I'd look for comments.
Dad and I put together a Kyosho (model?) a few years back and I wanted one to sail with him. Time constraints prompted the ARR choice, and we shall see how it goes. I'm a rank rookie at sailboats but have been fyling and instructing beginners R/C planes for years.
Thanks for the rigging notes.
Have a great day
Hoggy
Hoggy is offline Find More Posts by Hoggy
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:05 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1 Posts
HI Rob What did you do to the rigging ? Im having a little trouble with the jib.
brimar15 is offline Find More Posts by brimar15