HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:52 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
114 Posts
GOP: We Won!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, they did get Income Verification for Obamacare subsidies - but that was actually already in the bill (they didn't read).
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Oct 17, 2013, 03:17 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,494 Posts
Demoncrats won, U.S. citizens lost. Many of them just don't realize it yet.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 17, 2013, 04:04 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post

Ok, they did get Income Verification for Obamacare subsidies - but that was actually already in the bill (they didn't read).
Yeah, they didn't read. I'm sure all the Dem lawmakers read it cover to cover.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:

...from a supporter of the "We gotta pass it to see what's in it" Party.

Hypocrisy much?
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Oct 17, 2013, 06:38 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
856 Posts
Quote:

I do think there could of should have been some changes on some of those points such as,

Means Testing for Medicare, anyone in the higher income range should be subject to this.
Change Fed Employee Pensions, if these folks are being provided with benefits far in excess of their civilian counterparts.
Tort Reform, make it much harder for those gameing the system ie law suits designed to make lawyers and their plaintiffs rich.
The Tax Code, It's a monstrosity and should be made as simple as possible.

I would hope in this brief interim that by February some of these issues can be resolved or at least be made better. I don't know all the details obviously but the dems need to make concessions also.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
I do think there could of should have been some changes on some of those points such as,

Means Testing for Medicare, anyone in the higher income range should be subject to this.
Change Fed Employee Pensions, if these folks are being provided with benefits far in excess of their civilian counterparts.
Tort Reform, make it much harder for those gameing the system ie law suits designed to make lawyers and their plaintiffs rich.
The Tax Code, It's a monstrosity and should be made as simple as possible.

I would hope in this brief interim that by February some of these issues can be resolved or at least be made better. I don't know all the details obviously but the dems need to make concessions also.
Not sure about that. I worked 35 years in the private sector and am now a federal employee. I'll get a pension from both. My private sector pension was 100% non-contribution. I have to pay 0.8% for my federal civilian service to get credit and paid 3% for my military service.

Until recently, I earned a far higher income in the private sector.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor