SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:34 PM
Joined Sep 2014
123 Posts
The build part is almost complete. I need to make a couple more cables (s.bus, video, wire wrap some) then the scary part starts, the computer part....
mrclean1972 is online now Find More Posts by mrclean1972
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:49 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2013
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acessford101 View Post
Kapu, did you get a chance to link the info for the led reprogramming. Id like to use them alone from the controller.

Thanks
Hi. I realize I promised this a month ago. My profound apologies. My job blew up on me, and I had to spend the last 3 weeks on the road. This week I managed to set up a googlecode project with download links and documentation for my alternative LEDring firmware. I am working on getting some demo videos uploaded as well. Hopefully this atones for my poor responsiveness.

https://code.google.com/p/ledring-kapu/

I'd appreciate feedback from anybody who can try it out. It works on my LEDring, but I'd like to hear from somebody else that it works on their's.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
kapu is online now Find More Posts by kapu
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
Joined Sep 2014
123 Posts
I have a quick question, do I need to enable something in arduino for data to flow to my minimOSD?

I have the whitespy mega pro ez3 blacked board with the OSD on serial 3.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:51 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka District Municipality
Joined Dec 2005
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean1972 View Post
I have a quick question, do I need to enable something in arduino for data to flow to my minimOSD?

I have the whitespy mega pro ez3 blacked board with the OSD on serial 3.
You do not. Works out of the box. Unless there's an option to disable it in the config (which I haven't seen?)

What are you running on your minimOSD?

Ben
Fastrack is online now Find More Posts by Fastrack
Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntburnett View Post
Thanks guys. The frame is $500, motors are $50 and the ESC's $20. So i sold my Tarot 650 to get this guy lol i dont think I made a bad purchase to build.

Be Blessed
Isaac

Here the specs for the motors

Item NO.: 51218
Name: XM3542MR-11.5
Description:
14 poles, designed for Multi-rotor/UAV systems. All parts are newly designed. KV:460RPM/V, Weight:120g.
XMotor MR series specifications
Features

14 poles brushless motor, specially designed for High-end Multi-rotor/UAV systems
Based on proven TE-MR technology, all parts are newly designed
2nd generation stator design, still using the best 0.2mm material, improved motor efficiency
New winding method, lower IR, remarkable lower temperature after long running time
Detachable stator, easier to maintain
Imported over-sized ball bearing, low noise, ultra-long working life
Short shaft design, better to work with MR propellers
Optimized Dualsky "Star" appearance with precise secondary processing, artistic and high-precision
high-precision rotor, dynamically balanced on both size, lowest resonance in RC industry
New stator cover, protect power wires
Multiple mounting holes, compatible with DJI frames
Extra long silicone power wire, easier for installation
Laser-etching model data and serial number
Comes with full propeller adapters, compatible with both airplane and multi-rotor propellers
There are two types of motors for each motor size to fit the different flight requirements: high power type and long running time type
Recommended to work with Dualsky MRP series propellers to achieve best working efficiency
Recommended to work with Dualsky MR series ESC (400Hz control frequency)
Fully tested to pass quality inspection in Dualsky Shanghai Factory
Specification

RPM/V (KV): 460
Weight w/o wires(g): 120
Diameter(mm): 35
Length(mm): 38
Diameter of Shaft(mm): 4.0, 5.0
Mounting holes pitch(mm): 25/25
Slots,Poles: 12, 14
Idle Current(Io) @10V(A): 0.4
Resistance(Ri)(mOhm): 115
Cruising power(W)[8 mins]: 274
Bursts current(A)[15s]: 22
Peak power(W)[15s]: 499
Recommended ESC: XC-301-MR
Setup 1 (No. of Cell, Prop.): 6S,14x4.7
Weight of quad-copter(kg): 3.0
Weight of hex-copter(kg): 4.6
Memo: 3kg quad copter,4.6kg hex copter

ESC'S specs

RCTimer HVSK-40A High Voltage OPTO Brushless ESC

The code used was devoloped by SimonK. we have pay the royalties to SimonK!

SimonK Firmware: tgy_debug.hex

Lipo: 2-6S

Continuous current: 40A
Instant current(10S): 60A
BEC type: N/A
BEC output: OPTO
Battery cell: Li-io Li-poly 2-6S; NiMH NiCd 5-21
Weight:29g
Dimension L*W*H: 66*26*13mm Included the Deans

Features:

1. Drive tube and high-power Mos, and Mos tube plus a separate heat sink, extreme low output resistance of the PCB(printed circuit board), super current endurance.
2. The power input uses extreme low output resistance greatly enhance the power stability, and has the protective effect on the battery.
3. Safety electrical function: when the power is turned on, regardless of the throttle stick in any position does not start themotor immediately, to avoid personal injury.
4. Separately voltage regulator IC for microprocessor, providing good anti-jamming capability.
5. Supported motor speed (Maximum): 210000 RPM (2 poles), 70000 RPM (6 poles), 35000 RPM (12 poles).
6. Using a dedicated multi-copter program tgy_debug, and the master chip with high stability crystal oscillator, making the motor control to more precise.

Product Function Illustrate:

The ESC of multi-copter brushless motor is special design for multi-copter aircraft, Throttle curve freely set and remove the brake function. To let player get a good throttle linearity. Wide voltage range can be configured to be compatible with a variety of brushless motor market.

Note: This ESC don't included manual.

Package:
1* 40A ESC
I am thinking about buying this motor also (XM3542MR-11.5) - what is your opinion about it?

Thanks,
tritan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2014
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack View Post
You do not. Works out of the box. Unless there's an option to disable it in the config (which I haven't seen?)

What are you running on your minimOSD?

Ben
I just unwrapped it and wired it up. Come to find out it has ArduCam 2.0 on it I think. Stays at waiting for MAVlink heartbeat.... forever. I figure it's different but also thought maybe it would read some data if data was flowing. .. like maybe get an error or something. Either way, gonna have to clear it and load rush at some point. Bigger issues atm. Tried changing the config to use s.bus and the new VTail mixes from Lynxmotion and lost the magnomitor and all the motors. Now Arduino won't upload any new sketches anymore.....

....not to mention I forgot about the usb and Bluetooth thing not being plugged in at the same time and now I can't get the Bluetooth to connect anymore.... not giving up but talk about discouraging.....

Any multiwii masters in the DFW area for hire? lol

I have been sifting through my earlier posts and can't find it... but how do you clear the board and start fresh? Clearing the eeprom or whatever.... I'm wondering after trying to upload a few times if I've corrupted something and that's why it hangs up when trying to upload now.... just sits there and never finishes....

Also, when in Arduino, under tools, and then board, which board is the board for the blacked mega 3 board? I selected "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK" but I don't even know if that's right, in the config.h file the board type says, "define FREEIMUv043 // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)"

Orginially I was just going to leave it as is but I wanted to use s.bus, the newvtail.h file from lynxmotion and in looking at the multiwiiconfig, it lookd lik the magnometer wasn't working... then when the Bluetooth stopped connecting I figured how much worse could it get..... well.... anyway..... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ok, well, got my sketch to load. s.bus seems to be working.... I did this:

From Muddiman,
If you are using a Futaba Sbus connection to the flight controller, you need to change the channel sequence in the RX.ccp file. Changes needed are in bold print.

Code:
#elif defined(SBUS) //Channel order for SBUS RX Configs
// for 16 + 2 Channels SBUS. The 10 extra channels 8->17 are not used by MultiWii, but it should be easy to integrate them.
static uint8_t rcChannel[RC_CHANS] = {PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,1 0,11,12,13,14,15,16,17};
To:

Code:
#elif defined(SBUS) //Channel order for SBUS RX Configs
// for 16 + 2 Channels SBUS. The 10 extra channels 8->17 are not used by MultiWii, but it should be easy to integrate them.
static uint8_t rcChannel[RC_CHANS] = {ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,1 0,11,12,13,14,15,16,17};

and now I'm wondering if I needed to.... I'm using frysky and not Futaba.... and changing this hosed up my sticks on the transmitter so I'm thinking of changing it back.
Last edited by mrclean1972; Yesterday at 10:29 PM. Reason: more questions
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
Joined Sep 2014
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapu View Post
For those interested in using the FrSky X8R in SBus mode, the latest MW 2.3 dev available on the google code repository (r1648) works flawlessly. My quad build isn't finished yet, so I haven't flown with it, but I have all 8 channels running without any hiccup on just the one SBus pin. SBus is really cool. Of course the X8R is kinda big and you have those clunky PCB antennas to deal with.

You do need to uncomment a couple of lines to enable SBus in config.h of course, as well as your other configuration settings, and don't forget to edit the line in def.h if you have a black board with external mag.

Earlier 2.3 compilations had a timing problem with the FrSky SBus implementation (having been written for Futaba specs). If you are interested in the details (and want to be impressed by just how responsive the opensource community is), see this thread.

I don't know about other changes in the new 2.3 distro. I didn't even try the sketch that came pre-loaded or the one from the Witespy dropbox, because I found the thread above before I got my board and knew I wanted to run SBus. The first thing I did was flash with r1648, and it worked immediately. But I'd guess that the version Paul has is an earlier one. 1648 was only posted two weeks ago.
this talks about editing a line in def.h, what line? what's it supposed to be edited to? (I have the black board)
Old Today, 12:05 AM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean1972 View Post
this talks about editing a line in def.h, what line? what's it supposed to be edited to? (I have the black board)
I'm confused, are you running MultiWii or MPNG?

If multiwii then you edit config.h

in config.h these lines
Code:
/*******************************    SBUS RECIVER    ************************************/
      /* The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1) or PROMICRO boards.
         You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
      //#define SBUS
      //#define SBUS_SERIAL_PORT 1
      //#define SBUS_MID_OFFSET 988 //SBUS Mid-Point at 1500
I don't see any lines in config.h that need editing.

Also if you are using a OSD that was programmed for ArduPilot/MPNG and ARE running Multiwii then you need to flash it with firmware for MultiWii as the AP/MPNG firware is looking for MavLink data and MW doesn't support MavLink
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Today, 12:34 AM
Joined Sep 2014
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor View Post
I'm confused, are you running MultiWii or MPNG?

If multiwii then you edit config.h

in config.h these lines
Code:
/*******************************    SBUS RECIVER    ************************************/
      /* The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1) or PROMICRO boards.
         You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
      //#define SBUS
      //#define SBUS_SERIAL_PORT 1
      //#define SBUS_MID_OFFSET 988 //SBUS Mid-Point at 1500
I don't see any lines in config.h that need editing.

Also if you are using a OSD that was programmed for ArduPilot/MPNG and ARE running Multiwii then you need to flash it with firmware for MultiWii as the AP/MPNG firware is looking for MavLink data and MW doesn't support MavLink
I'm running MultiWii 2.3

I was a little overwhelmed and unsure so I was pretty much looking for anything that said s.bus and editing it. Either way now I'm backtracking and trying to see what really needed to be edited.

I did do what you mentioned, and the sbus seemed to be working but then I went to edit the end points in the multiconf. And it all froze up. It's late here and I'm tired so at that point I figured it was time to move to the sofa. lol