SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:27 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Discussion
Adding a hitec 72 mhz module to a 9x.

I have a turnigy 9x that I use for FPV. I fly from inside my car ( its cold here ) and use an old usb cable to be able to place my module on the roof while I sit inside. This works great, but the stock module doesn't have much range. I have an old Hitec radio with a futaba type module. I tried making the same type of setup as my remote module, but it doesn't work. As soon as I turn on the radio, the servo centers, but thats it.......no movement. Is there a pulse width difference between the 9x and hitec? I am running er9x so I can change the pulse timing ( I think ). I did try a very short cable, thinking my 6' cable had too much loss for the hitec module...no go.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Wish I knew more about electronics...

Thanks
BobD
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:57 AM
Lees summit, mo
Joined Dec 2004
88 Posts
you need one of these bad boys:

http://www.flytron.com/openlrs/123-f...e-adapter.html

I think the 9x (jr) and hitec/futaba ppm signal is inverted.
syberjunkie is offline Find More Posts by syberjunkie
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:05 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Thanks SYBERJUNKIE. I think I might be able to electronically invert the ppm signal.....if its the same as positive shift / negative shift ER9x does that ( I think )

thanks again

BobD
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:40 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Got it working!! Changed shift from positive to negative in the er9x software and it works great. Now I'll have some range for FPV using my turnigy 9X