Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
Flown There, Crashed That
Woodinville, Wa
Joined May 2006
619 Posts
Help!
Aurora 9 doesn't recognize 2.4 module as AFHSS

Hi,
I have been trying to solve this problem for hours. I am pretty sure the way it started was when I turned the transmitter on and accidentally selected transmit when there was no module plugged into the back of the A9. It switched from AFHSS to ppm. Now, when I plug the 2.4 module back in and turn the radio on, it won't detect it as AFHSS resulting in no telemetry. I have upgraded the module, receivers, and the A9 to the latest firmware and have done a factory reset on the A9 and still no luck. When I go through the initialization screens after a factory reset, the AFHSS shows up but then it asks me what modulation I want to use and wont finish the initialization until I select something else than the AFHSS.

Thanks in advance,
Ian
E.N. is offline Find More Posts by E.N.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
[QUOTE=E.N.;22230122] Hi,
I have been trying to solve this problem for hours. I am pretty sure the way it started was when I turned the transmitter on
and accidentally selected transmit when there was no module plugged into the back of the A9. It switched from AFHSS
to ppm. Now, when I plug the 2.4 module back in and turn the radio on, it won't detect it as AFHSS resulting in no telemetry.
I have upgraded the module, receivers, and the A9 to the latest firmware and have done a factory reset on the A9
and still no luck. When I go through the initialization screens after a factory reset, the AFHSS shows up but then it asks me
what modulation I want to use and wont finish the initialization until I select something else than
the AFHSS. Thanks in advance, Ian [/
QUOTE]

No Spectra Pro module handy today.
Suggest check out manual pages 27, 57 & 58 regarding frequency changes.
May need to finish the 72MHz PPM sequence before it will allow change back to 2.4GHz.
i.e. select PPM and then any frequency, cycle power on/off.
. Insert 2.4Ghz module and A9 should then recognise the change.
if no joy, then email/phone:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
Flown There, Crashed That
Woodinville, Wa
Joined May 2006
619 Posts
Thanks, but I have already tried that. It seems to me that the 2.4 module is not talking to the A9 or that the A9 can't hear it. Is there a way to hard reset the module?

Thanks,
Ian
E.N. is offline Find More Posts by E.N.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
similar issue.

Hi i have the same problem with my A9. did you manage to sort it? how did you reset the TX? cheers
filstu is offline Find More Posts by filstu