HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2004, 02:00 AM
Solihull, UK
Joined Jan 2004
11 Posts
Where to get flightpacks in UK

Does anyone know where I can get the flightpacks only in the UK. i.e. rx, servos, speed controller, nicad (possibly xtal). It seems possible to get these as part of a deal with a plane but I was looking for the rc parts only

Thanks
bowenm is offline Find More Posts by bowenm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2004, 03:31 AM
poiteen power
Dublin City, Republic Of Ireland
Joined Jan 2004
496 Posts
try www.sussexmodelcentre.co.uk

They should have all you need or try www.e-flight.co.uk

or consult an RCM&E or an aviation modeller magazine ?

Or maybe the yellow pages ..... a bit obvious i know

hope these help....... lots of UK flyers post here .....

Im sure they can advise you better than me .....

Cheers

PiD
PaddyinDublin is offline Find More Posts by PaddyinDublin
Old Feb 19, 2004, 04:43 AM
Joined Feb 2004
9 Posts
Flight packs in UK

Hi, try Collectors Models in Chesterfield 01246 203838
tony209 is offline Find More Posts by tony209
Old Feb 19, 2004, 04:59 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Any decent model shop should be able to supply these, The big shop in Birmingham is Mike's Models. I have never been there but they are probably worth a try

http://www.mikes-models.co.uk/

Another shop in the West Midlands is Penn Models (I don;t have a web address) and I have been there and they had a good selection of kit and were well equipped with electric flight bits as well. However I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea even which town they are in : as I was taken there, somewhere near Dudley I think. RC Groups member Andycap works there and could provide details, as well as good advice, so it would probably be worthwhile sending him a PM.

Then there are the online shop sources mentioned above, and of course don't forget our international sponsors, listed via the link at top right of the page, as well as such large UK retailers with online shops as Al's Hobbies (www.alshobbies.co.uk) and Inwood Models (www.inwoodmodels.co.uk), which should be able to supply you with what you are looking for.

hth

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:22 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,455 Posts
bowenm,

As Bri says, Penn Models in Kingswinford may well be your best bet! They stock everything from tiny servos and receivers to Li-po cells and brushless motors.

01384 400085

134 Moss Grove
Kingswinford
DY6 9ES

The resident electrics guru is Andy Whitehead. Tell him I sent you!

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:45 AM
Solihull, UK
Joined Jan 2004
11 Posts
Thanks all
bowenm is offline Find More Posts by bowenm