HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
Wasp v3 rudder problem

Hi all, I recently brought a skyartec wasp v3, which turn out is probably far too advanced for me as a noob. Should of done a bit more research!

Since getting it I have had to replace the main gear twice and also the tail rotor pitch control assembly. It is now back together but my rudder servo is unresponsive and as a result as soon as heli lifts it spins uncontrollably in circles.

I have noticed that when i move left stick to control rudder servo instead of that moving the 2 servos at front of gimble move instead; in a similar fashion to when you operate the right hand control stick left/right.

Any advice/ideas would be much appreciated,
Thanks
cossy1080 is offline Find More Posts by cossy1080
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossy1080 View Post
Hi all, I recently brought a skyartec wasp v3, which turn out is probably far too advanced for me as a noob. Should of done a bit more research!

Since getting it I have had to replace the main gear twice and also the tail rotor pitch control assembly. It is now back together but my rudder servo is unresponsive and as a result as soon as heli lifts it spins uncontrollably in circles.

I have noticed that when i move left stick to control rudder servo instead of that moving the 2 servos at front of gimble move instead; in a similar fashion to when you operate the right hand control stick left/right.

Any advice/ideas would be much appreciated,
Thanks
If it was flying Ok before it crashed could you have possibly plugged the servos into the wrong places on the rx when you put it back together?
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
hi thanks for the reply, I haven't actually got it flying successfully yet, several brief lift offs but thats it.
i have unplugged the rudder servo and tested it on a different output from the receiver and it seems to work fine on that channel. I am 100% sure i have plugged it back in where it came from originally.
I know that when i first used it the rudder control seemed to work, but now it is unresponsive. I have also tried wagging the tail back and forth to see if gyro responds but it is again unresponsive.
cossy1080 is offline Find More Posts by cossy1080
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:06 AM
Joined Aug 2003
545 Posts
switched tx mode?
mdugas is online now Find More Posts by mdugas