HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:52 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uts View Post
this one stays black, but what's wrong with blue screen (with no input)?
You want to see snow if you start to lose signal. If you are flying FPV, and your screen all of a sudden goes blue (or black) you are kinda screwed.

Snowey picture is better than no picture.
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:11 PM
uts
5 buck chuck
Joined Mar 2012
17 Posts
newegg is doing combo refurb 7" again

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882641369
uts is offline Find More Posts by uts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
So, any updates on these? I'm considering building my first ground station and using this screen. I want a crisp picture, how is the image quality?
live2rc is offline Find More Posts by live2rc
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,134 Posts
I got mine and I enjoy it. I have only performed 2 FPV flights with it, but the picture seems to be decent.

Here's some test video I shot when I first received the LCD:
FPV Ground Station Test (1 min 40 sec)

Well worth the $35 if you ask me.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:10 PM
United States, TX, Kyle
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
I picked one up too, I made a power cable for it using one of my 3300mahs and it powers up. Just waiting on my a/v input cable to come in from ebay and Ill post an image of the image :P
CustomZ02 is offline Find More Posts by CustomZ02
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
great, thanks guys! I posted a reply the other day but it doesn't seem to have shown up. subaru4wd, is it just the 808 cam making the picture seem to have a bluish hue or is it the monitor? I know my 808 cam tends to have a blue hue indoors so I assumed it was just that.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,134 Posts
Its probably the cam. I have a 600TVL sony on the way and i hope the image is sharper and clearer.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:39 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
5,324 Posts
My camera looked like that until I placed the IR filter lens inside it now the colors are so true to life its amazing & now black does'nt look blue
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
How are these screens working for everyone? I was planning on buying one but I came across the amazon page for them with tons of poor reviews stating that the slave screen is amazingly unreliable. Of 104 reviews on amazon, more than half are 2 stars or below! I don't wanna lose a plane or quad because the screen craps out half way through an fpv flight.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2rc View Post
How are these screens working for everyone? I was planning on buying one but I came across the amazon page for them with tons of poor reviews stating that the slave screen is amazingly unreliable. Of 104 reviews on amazon, more than half are 2 stars or below! I don't wanna lose a plane or quad because the screen craps out half way through an fpv flight.
I feel like the issue is in the DVD player itself, not the screens. Since we ain't playing no DVDs, we should be fine
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
I feel like the issue is in the DVD player itself, not the screens. Since we ain't playing no DVDs, we should be fine
There were tons of reports of the slave screens going black and the screen no longer working. I found a brand new 7" Tft screen on Amazon for $35 shipped with great reviews and it got to me next day for free. I'm pretty glad I did because the picture quality is phenominal and it doesnt blue screen. I felt more comfortable buying new but if this one ever kicks the bucket I'll have to try the Phillips.