HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
FLY FOR FUN - GLIDE FOR LOVE
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2011
51 Posts
Question
about a good thermal glider

Hi, i would like to receive some advice of what is the best electric thermal glider to buy around $1000 to $2000 and 3.5 and 4 meters because i am confuse some offers good wingloading and others good speed and alot of information do not helpme too much , so i need your help with your experience to decide in a good electric glider, i already have a Blizzard 3.5 and is good but i wanna try something more espectacular, if someone can help please to do not waste my money and have a really awsome glider.
Thank you very much.
pablo pinto is offline Find More Posts by pablo pinto
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,272 Posts
You're in a good spot. Drive over to

Esprit Model
1240 Clearmont St. NE
Unit #12
Palm Bay, FL
32905, USA

See http://www.espritmodel.com/f5j-alesl...ailplanes.aspx
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
Pulsar in 3.6 or 4 metre size wouldn't be a bad choice. As Piper J3 said, it might be worth the time to pop over and see the fine folks at Esprit.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini update on Kennedy Longhorn
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:55 PM
FLY FOR FUN - GLIDE FOR LOVE
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2011
51 Posts
Thank you Piper J3 and Leadchucker i know they have beutyfull gliders i check the page in internet also the Soaringusa and KenedyComposites and i dont decide yet because some look so nice but at the same time Fragile, i have some finalist can you tellme more about the Pulsar, the Maxa ,Xplorer, Aspire and the Supra . Who do you think is the best, i mean put in all in one.
Thank you .
IŽll be waiting your coments to do the right choice and do the click in "Buy Now" LOL
pablo pinto is offline Find More Posts by pablo pinto
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:39 AM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
Some information on your soaring goals would help here Pablo. Are going to just fly for fun, fly in ALES contest or other formats,go for long high thermal flights and so on. Each aircraft you mentioned has it's place and it's followers. All of them in the hands of a good pilot can be great sailplanes. And don't worry about them being fragile. Sure, you can break anything if you misuse it hard enough,but all the ones you mentioned are tougher than you might think.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini update on Kennedy Longhorn
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
2,992 Posts
Take the Maxa out of the equation. It is more money than your upper limit.

Then I would use the best resource around - RCG and read through the threads on each of these planes. That will give you all the information you could want for those that like these planes and those that do not. In this thread you are more likely to get too small a sample to make an informed decision.

Best of luck.
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:57 AM
Malaysia, Johor, Muar
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo pinto View Post
Hi, i would like to receive some advice of what is the best electric thermal glider to buy around $1000 to $2000 and 3.5 and 4 meters because i am confuse some offers good wingloading and others good speed and alot of information do not helpme too much , so i need your help with your experience to decide in a good electric glider, i already have a Blizzard 3.5 and is good but i wanna try something more espectacular, if someone can help please to do not waste my money and have a really awsome glider.
Thank you very much.

Hi pablo,
can you give me advise on the performance and flight characteristic of the blizzard.someone want to sell me the plane.this will be my 1st big glider after pheonix 2000.

tq
alif
magoo308 is offline Find More Posts by magoo308