HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Question
Blade 450 screw replacements

So after two weeks of woning my Blade 450 I got into my first crash that required replacing parts, I had to replace the flybar. Ofcourse after ordering the parts and waiting for them to arrive, I replace everything just to discover I have one screw missing. Blade is charging 15 bucks for the hardware set, which is pretty steep when I just need one screw. So, I'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible to find this screw anywhere else like a hardware store. The screw that I'm looking for in specific is the one that screws into the side post of the blade grip.

Just a side question, is it normal for the setup that the flybar screws into to have a little play?
igneous is offline Find More Posts by igneous
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:15 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igneous View Post
So after two weeks of woning my Blade 450 I got into my first crash that required replacing parts, I had to replace the flybar. Ofcourse after ordering the parts and waiting for them to arrive, I replace everything just to discover I have one screw missing. Blade is charging 15 bucks for the hardware set, which is pretty steep when I just need one screw. So, I'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible to find this screw anywhere else like a hardware store. The screw that I'm looking for in specific is the one that screws into the side post of the blade grip.

Just a side question, is it normal for the setup that the flybar screws into to have a little play?
If it were me, I'd go ahead and get the hardware set. You never know when you may need another screw in the future. The screws that our airplanes and helicopters use, I have found, are impossible to find at hardware stores like Lowe's and Home Depot. If you have a fastener specialty store near you, you might have better luck but even then, you probably won't have luck finding a 3mm hex head screw.

Just my $0.02.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I gots me a Goblin!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
depends on the screw. the ace hardware store near me carries everything from 0-82 - 10-32 and metric stuff. if all you need is a $.09 screw, i wouldnt pay $15 for a kit.
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:19 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minbari View Post
depends on the screw. the ace hardware store near me carries everything from 0-82 - 10-32 and metric stuff. if all you need is a $.09 screw, i wouldnt pay $15 for a kit.
It's where I live... I don't have much of a choice.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I gots me a Goblin!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
I'll check out the Loews and see if I'm in luck. In all likelihood I'm not but worth checking. Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Update: no luck with the hardwear store. I had to get them online
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,087 Posts
Leader hobbies - or flea bay ... or some where !

$15 wow , should do it for better than that ..

But you do need screws ...
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -