HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
560 Posts
Question
BlitzRC Mini pocket rocket AT-6 from BH

Does anybody fly one of these and how do they do at low speed? I really couldn't find much info here about them. I have always liked the look of the AT-6 but don't have one. I also have been eyeballing the mini pocket rocket T-28. Also, what type of battery connector comes on the ESC? Most of my batteries are e-flites from BNF's.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, MO
Joined Jul 2010
678 Posts
All the info could you want plus more!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371681

The canopy on the AT6 is ugly; only a mother could love it.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Carthage, TX
Joined Mar 2012
560 Posts
Yes, but the real AT6 has an ugly canopy also! I have other P51's and T-28's but no AT6. Went through a bunch of pages and everybody is talking about the T28 and BF109. I like yellow because it is easy for me to see. Surley somebody has it and will be along shortly.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Yes, but the real AT6 has an ugly canopy also! I have other P51's and T-28's but no AT6. Went through a bunch of pages and everybody is talking about the T28 and BF109. I like yellow because it is easy for me to see. Surley somebody has it and will be along shortly.
Don't call me 'Surley.'

If it matters to you, some of these models that originally came out with that ugly opaque painted-foam canopy have a nice clear-plastic canopy in the newer HK version. It was/is the ugly opaque painted black canopy "glass" that was the real problem with the original T-6 funfighter model that I think kept a lot of people away from it (including me).
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by herk1; Jun 27, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
Carthage, TX
Joined Mar 2012
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
Don't call me 'Surley.'

If it matters to you, some of these models that originally came out with that ugly opaque painted-foam canopy have a nice clear-plastic canopy in the newer HK version. It was/is the ugly opaque painted black canopy "glass" that was the real problem with the original T-6 funfighter model that I think kept a lot of people away from it (including me).
Your right, it is ugly painted but the ugly one is $49.90 at BH and the nicer canopy is like $92.00 at HK. I don't think it looks $40.00 better and wizzing by at 70MPH, who is gonna notice? I was just wondering how it flew and if you could also fly slowly also?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:05 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,674 Posts
The funfighters I have -- Corsair and Rare Bear -- do NOT slow down well...even when relatively light with the stock 3S battery (instead of souped up with a heavier 4S). I tried flying in a smaller park and it was not fun...keeping it slow made it unstable and unpredictable. So I just fly them at my club.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
United States, MO
Joined Jul 2010
678 Posts
I own the P-51 and it too does not like to slow down. It's a Banana Hobby purchase that went smoothly AND that I'm happy with!

Name: PZ Mustang and Sky Angel Mustang.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 249.5 KB
Description:
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:07 AM
Carthage, TX
Joined Mar 2012
560 Posts
OK, so my AT-6 came in from BH and I got the 850mAh battery with it and the battery and the ESC has the smallest connectors and I have no way to charge it! What size are these tiny connectors so I can find something or make it to plug into my Venom charger? There is a male & female on the battery and ESC. The ones i'm holding down are from the battery and the ofhers are my normal leads from my Venom charger for size reference.
Last edited by Colbyntx; Jul 04, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:31 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,674 Posts
Yes, these J-power planes come with those 2mm bullet connectors...so the first thing to do when you get one of the funfighters (or mini-jets) is replace those things with whatever battery/ESC connector you normally use (I use deans). And of course, when doing the battery, be extremely careful to start/finish/shrink-wrap one pole at a time to preclude a shorting accident.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod