HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined May 2007
863 Posts
Discussion
vupoint dvr black screen

I have a vupoint dvr. I have recorded one fpv flight partially successfully ; the first few minutes of the video were black, but then the picture faded in and the rest of the recording was fine.

I tried to record a couple of flights today, but both recordings were all black. Got home, plugged everything in, and of course now it's working fine without any problems.

I'm powering it off a cc bec pro. Tried different packs, tried it with my tx on and off in case the rf from the tx was somehow swamping the recorder... tried powering my predator goggles off their own lipo or off my tx. Tried various orders of powering things up, starting recording, and plugging things in. No joy.

Sometimes, it seems to stop recording and/or shut off or no discernable reason. I have noticed that the "rec" light on the unit sometimes blinks irregularly; not sure if that has any significance.

What gives with this thing? The only thing I can think of is that it's overheating in the sun, since its case is black.
xatled99 is offline Find More Posts by xatled99
Last edited by xatled99; May 13, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts